Static popping from volume control

I primarily use my sprout as a headphone amplifier and overtime it has developed a fair amount of static and popping when adjusting the volume control at very low levels.

My guess is that its either some sort of oxidation or dust within the volume control itself. Any recommendations on possibly cleaning the volume control to minimize or eliminate this?

Thanks much,

Dan W.

Dan W.,

I had the same issue with my Sprout. I sent it back to PS Audio as they think the potentiometer aka “pot” has gone bad. That too is likely the problem with yours.

How long did it take for the repair? I think that I may have the same issue with my Sprout.

Dan W said

I primarily use my sprout as a headphone amplifier and overtime it has developed a fair amount of static and popping when adjusting the volume control at very low levels.

My guess is that its either some sort of oxidation or dust within the volume control itself. Any recommendations on possibly cleaning the volume control to minimize or eliminate this?

Thanks much,

Dan W.

I have the same issue, and tried cleaning the connections etc. I will give PS Audio support a call