Stellar M1200 Mono Beta Test

Greetings!
I was lucky enough to get my Beta M1200’s delivered today and wanted to post my setup and first couple of hours observations. I am looking to replace\upgrade my S300 and the stars aligned for these monsters. Thanks Chris H for all of your excellent advice and assistance!

My current system is comprised of the following:

• Dynaudio Contour 60
  • Dual REL T9i
  • PS Audio Stellar GainCell PreAmp
  • PS Audio Stellar S300
  • PS Audio Stellar Phono
  • Clearaudio Concept with Satisfy Black Tonearm
  • Dynavector DV-20x2 cart
  • Bluesound Node 2i
  • Sony DVP-NS999ES SACD/CD player
  • Custom NUC running Roon server

Here are a few pics of the M1200s in their new natural environment :slight_smile:

Setup observations:

• Nice and solid. Slightly larger than the SGC and S300.
  • One thing I found interesting and different from the S300 binding posts is that the pass through holes are horizontal rather than vertical. @Paul or @jamesh is this expected?
  • Hooking up the REL subwoofers it was interesting in the manual that it recommends you use the chassis ground post for the black wire.

Initial sound impressions:
I couldn’t help myself, I had to listen rather than wait for them to settle in. And boy, am I glad I did even at this early stage. As I went through my various playlists in Roon, popped a few CDs, and a vinyl or two I found myself being impressed with the sound. If I had to pick a few words to describe what I was experiencing “Effortless” and “A lot of meat on this bone” and “Increased depth and separation” kept coming back to me. I found myself sitting there for several hours more than what I had initially planned on. I believe we are off to a fantastic start! Will post more soon.

Be safe all.

David W

17 Likes