Stellar P3 Filtered High Current, when regeneration not bypassed

Apologies if this has been asked before, cannot find it…

Is there any advantage to using the “Filtered High Current or Regenerated” sockets vs. “Regenerated” sockets when the HC/Regen bypass switch is left in the “Regen” position? Or more specifically, are those sockets in any way better?

My question is driven by the fact that I’ve got a pair of M700 monoblocks and a pair of GoldenEar Triton One.R speakers with built in powered subs. But I don’t play them loud enough to justify - or need - to bypass regeneration. So the question is - in my particular case - whether I might get better performance from my M700s in the regenerated High Current sockets, vs. the One.R’s that are in there now.

Thanks. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No benefit at all. If it’s set to regen, all of the zones are the exact same. Thanks for the question!

1 Like

Thanks James. Good to know, and good to get documented for the community!

Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, James. Can you please tell me if the switch on the back of the Stellar Power Plant 3 is set to regen (instead of HC), do all the outlets (including those marked filtered HC or regenerated) then all have the same output impedance?

You got it George. If the switch is set to regen, all of the outlets are essentially the same. Same low output impedance.

1 Like