Sunlight: Sound Impressions

When there’s less stuff demanding brain attention/power then the brain can spend more time on the music proper and that’s perceived as slowing things down (in a good way.)

11 Likes

Here’s my last impression before I drag myself back to work:

It’s not fair to release firmware on a Monday before Noon Pacific time. Now all I want to do is tear into a heavy pour of a giant Super Tuscan and listen.

10 Likes

Good choice of wine!

3 Likes

One last comment. If you haven’t heard this already, I highly suggest you listen to this track with Sunlight. It’s impressive.

4 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Sunlight: Installation

The Burn-In Track has never sounded better!

1 Like

Purity of essence…

6 posts were split to a new topic: PS Audio DACs: Present and Future

Lol a General Jack D Ripper quote from Kubrick’s Dr Strangelove. I guess somebody needs to pull the B-52s back from their library.

1 Like

All I can say is WOW! Nice work Ted. The firmware loaded without issue as well. Thanks to all!

2 Likes

The waiting and patience succeeded. I just installed Sunlight without trouble. My first test has been Evelyn Huber with solo harp. Again there is a breakthrough of lightness, transparency and spheric music. I close my eyes and perceive Evelyn is sitting right in front of me playing her amazing solo harp
Bildschirmfoto 2021-05-03 um 22.11.24

My setup is separate shielded power line to my music room, Powerplant P3, Mutec MC-3, Directstream, ASR Emitter Exclusive and my lovely Dynaudio Confidence C5.

1 Like

It’s brilliant. I could swear that I can suddenly speak fluent Portuguese on Nunca Mais or French on Papaoutai. Voices are so clean that more and more text is crystal clear. Is it fast damping transients or separation I am not sure. It improves with almost every song, is it my brains adjusting or some kind of mysterious burn in, I will never know.

1 Like

Very early to elaborate, but the first notes are enlightening…
For now, just want to thanks to @tedsmith, @DarrenMyers, @Paul, and all PS Audio crew.
It’s a privilege to make part of this family!

All the best!

7 Likes

Many thanks to Ted and PSAudio team for this gift. Sunlight is wonderful this night in Paris. I’ve never heard such naturalness on my system.
No installation problem on the DS Sr too.
:muscle: :star_struck:

4 Likes

Just tried quad rate DSD Holly Cole compared with the double rate and I swear, the quad rate is even more dimensional and real sounding than the double rate!!
I thought it couldn’t get any better after the transformer mod and Windom, but this Sunlight is something else. So lucid and incredible resolution!! Now even the back of the stage is so clear and present . @tedsmith you are a genius!! Also thanks to @Paul, @DarrenMyers, and crew at PS Audio. You have outdone yourselves!!

6 Likes

First thing I listened to was Bill Evans with Stan Getz “But Beautiful”. First thing I noticed, strangely, was that the applause sounds like I’m sitting in the audience listening to fleshy clapping instead of falling rain.
And Evans’ piano is very much more acoustic sounding. Could it be that his left hand is more forward or am I just getting carried away with myself?
I’m hearing much more the sound of the theater.
Me likee so far.

7 Likes

Great DSD recordings! No Sunlight for me till tomorrow.

1 Like

A terrible time to be on business travel until Thursday. I will have to suffer through a thousand posts of elation. Funny thing I thought most of them I read I have experienced with Windom and cable, new Edcor transformers and power supply tweaks.

Boy i hope the buildup doesn’t spoil the first eargasm and I find more enjoyment like nearly everyone else.

Not gonna throw audiophile terms around but…
Detail retrieval is vastly improved including low level detail

Sounds damm good!

Best,
-JP

3 Likes

Just terrific! Sound has never been more balanced and realistic. Thanks to Ted and all at PS Audio.

2 Likes