System Photos!

I’d love to know this too, that thing looks a serious bit of kit!

Thank you Scotte and Spyder
It’s a Line Magnetic 508ia, a class A (SET) integrated amp, which I mainly use through it’s pre in.
It uses 300B tubes as drivers for the 805 tubes. It is a 48 watt per channel amp and a massive heat source. Weighing about 90 lbs - it’s a real beast…
I run stock tubes for now but looking forward to tube rolling in the future.
I’m new to tubes, but I enjoy the change from SS. Its fun to have options.

5 Likes

Damn nice, really lovely.
Are those ISOAcoustic pucks underneath it?

They are Orea Bordeaux
The back is much heavier then the front, so it’s a bit in a slant

1 Like

I’ve had a combined theater and music system. Combining the functionality allows a bigger spend justified by increased utilization. I’m talking PS Audio, Bryston, nordost, Revel. I’d like to tinker with a smaller tube based system for 2ch, but don’t have the room. I do, however, have Keith Jarrett playing at live levels right in front of me. :smile:

4 Likes

Just kidding :slight_smile:
In my world I could only really start hifi-ing again once we moved to a house with a second living room (/office/den/workshop) my wife laughably calls it a dining room but the dining table has been my desk and workbench for several years now, only to be cleared once a year on Christmas day :slight_smile:
I do have a 19" TV I pull out from behind the speakers occasionally though…

4 Likes

Combo HT/2ch
80% music use

Had to pano the first photo.

Not sure how to flip the second one? I’ll have another margarita and contemplate …

Shaun

19 Likes

Those Encore’s look great and I bet sound too ! What amps you have there driving them,can’t see ?

I hope It’s not rude to do it myself…
Really nice setup!

6 Likes

Very nice. Those look like Ampzilla mono’s near the Encores, correct?

Morning

Thank you for flipping the pic!! Yes they are the Ampzilla Mono’s, and matching Ambrosia pre. I really like the combo and they are known to be warm they match up nicely to the encores.

Thanks for all the nice comments

Realizing that there will never be an end to this.

After moving my Focal Aria 906’s from my den into the media cabinet I built last week, the Harbeths are back in. It sounds great, and I think I have a new appreciation for how good those little Harbeths are.

The Focals are great speakers, no question. But there’s an honesty to the Harbeths. No idea what that means, really, but they just sound so pure and sweet.

So, I guess the thing is that it’s not so much a search for the PERFECT SYSTEM as much as sometimes it’s fun to hear other things in the mix. I guess.

Ahdunno.

Focals

Harbeths

9 Likes

Dinner parties are over-rated, and after a certain age having sex on the dining room table loses its thrill and becomes physically problematic.

5 Likes

We graze in this house, and gymnastics of that sort would probably require third party assistance, which kinda blows the mood somewhat.
Anyway I’d have to move my drill press (not a euphemism)! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You’d be most welcome, although I warn you it cost 50 quid from Screwfix and is starting to wobble itself apart - probably the same problem as your decking :wink:

I have noticed a preponderance of mansions on here in the pics, though I suspect we are a rather self-selecting audience, whereas in the UK of course there is never room to swing a cat and most of us can touch all 4 walls at once (given sufficient arms), but…
…I’m near Liverpool, and sadly in Liverpool the current silliness of burning mobile phone masts because “5G causes Covid and is a directed energy weapon to mind control us all from lamposts” is rather too prevalent for my liking. As you say though, Tesco remains intact, which is probably a good thing!

Luxury.

(I live in St. Paul Minnesota)

2 Likes

Do you have Tesco in St Paul? Seriously, stay safe.

1 Like

Thanks.

No Tescos, but plenty of convenience stores and gas stations have been set ablaze.

My son and I boarded up the windows of my office building yesterday afternoon.

I am so discouraged for my city and my country.

8 Likes

Added Rel S/510 subs to my Cube Nenuphar, took a while to set it up, the Nenuphar really did dig pretty low, cross over is around 35-40hz, but once setup I’m really enjoying the additional lower octaves.

24 Likes

Love the pic - do the butcher blocks make an audible difference?