The next DirectStream update?

good point. it makes me think there is something going on with my unit specifically.

The display isn’t saying 100L so that picture was taken with the attenuator out… (High setting)

I don’t know of anything that would let you set the maximum volume but not reach it except for FPGA code that doesn’t match the control processor code… You can downgrade to Huron and then upgrade back to Redcloud to check that remote possibility.

this unit was sent to me by paul to replace a ds jr i was having issues with… i was told this unit was
going to be thoroughly checked out before it was sent to me. to learn that this unit has a possible bug is depressing. i am attaching a screenshot that shows what you requested with the attenuator in low and using usb and my max vol at 100.

if it’s not that remote possibility as you said does that mean there is something wrong with my unit?

1 Like

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with your unit. Maybe give us a call? 800-psaudio

i just attempted to call but was told Jeremy is out to lunch, i am awaiting his call back or a call from someone else.

To re ask what Ted talked about earlier:

On the setup page, what is the maximum level set for?
If it is set for 100, can you increase it to 106?

no i cannot increase past 100. max level is set 100. still awaiting a call back from ps audio, will post what the resolution is.

success! Jeremy was able to help me resolve the issue.

1 Like

1 Like

What was the problem?

basically what speed racer posted above. i had to set the level from high to low on that screen he posted the photo of. once i did that i was able to advance the volume.

This discussion reminded me of one of my favorite scenes from This is Spinal Tap:

6 Likes

that’s awesome!

1 Like

I love this humor.

1 Like

Sweet! Sorry it took a while. Can you share with us what he/you did?

basically i had to lower the level on the menu screen from high to low. adjusting the attenuator on the remote
was not the issue. once i lowered from that specific screen that @speed-racer posted above i was able
to raise the volume.

1 Like

Thanks. Appreciate the update.

No plans have changed in the last couple of months.

Right now with the FIR filter rewrite I’ve got about 0.04% bad samples with a simple test case, but otherwise the measurements look good. (Nothing like a fence pole problem :slight_smile: )

Here’s what the simulations show for a simple test case of the lower SDM noise. The block +'s are the current SDM, the red diamonds are one level of correction and the green squares are two levels. Note that the frequency is from 0 to 50k. Also note that this was using double rate DSD (Torreys and back) instead of the current quad rate DSD (Huron, Redcloud). (I don’t have a “pretty” printout of the current tests.)

1 Like

Is that the hiss we hear on high sensitivity systems when nothing is playing?