Theoretica Applied Physics BACCH

We feel your pain, we retire this year.

1 Like

Yeah I was thinking of quitting next year, but now with the wife…

Price depending, the Sig Rendu will probably last on the Roon forum for 15 minutes.

1 Like

Creative sound card

Vmax,

We are using an ISO / USB Regen w/ LPS between the MAC and the MKII.

We ground lifted the USB input and there is a marked improvement.

Thank You,
Steve

2 Likes

Steve - Have you streamed any DSD files through the Mac? Was there any noticeable loss in sound quality?

I personally believe there is monstrous potential for BACCH’s headphone processing… with BACCH the music out of the headphones seems to emanate from a traditional speaker layout and not from inside your head.

I’ve never heard it, but I see Edgar fools people thinking they’re listening to the speakers before he turns on the headphone, but low and behold they’ve been listening through the headphones all along.

I A/B’d DSD via:

MAC/Roon/USB/MKII
MAC/Roon/ifi Zen Stream/USB/MKII
MAC/Roon/BACCH/USB/MKII

w/ USB ground lifted (it sounds better lifted)

Through BACCH sounded best, but from what I read that is not true DSD, all I know it’s what sounds best to me.

2 Likes

Next experiment:

MAC/Qobuz/Roon/BACCH/ISO Regen w/ LPS/USB to MKII
vs
MAC/Qobuz/Roon/BACCH/USB to MKII

The winner is… with ISO Regen w/ LPS

4 Likes

Little help please:

We have a 3 meter AudioQuest carbon USB cable, that has a few years (my guess 6) on it that is currently going from our MacBook Pro to the ISO Regen across the living room floor.

When we get the new M2 Mac Mini this week the run will be cut down to .75M or less. Is there any justifiable reasons to buy a new .75M audiophile cable?

Thank You,
Steve

Shorter is less length for 5V line to be RF antenna.

I love this USB Al has tested it versus really expensive USBs 3 to 4 times cost it holds its own.

2 Likes

We just ordered a couple HDMI shorting plugs and a 1M USB cable from Jeff @jkrichards

Thank You!

3 Likes

The most you will ever have to spend on the finest Stealth Audio USB cable, which is audibly better than any other I have used is under $3k.

:slight_smile:

(Just so you know how deep the rabbit hole goes)

1 Like

My rabbit is stuck clawing at the surface of an asphalt long cured covering over that hole.

1 Like

You are worthy of going deeper my friend!

2 Likes

I have no doubt there is always more to be discovered. I likely ignored USB too long three years plus on one cable. I thought I’d be ridding them from my system. Then along comes Bacch……

I sit and listen to everything on the album now. There’s surely an undiscovered pallet of different tonal colors waiting to be painted with a brush made of unicorn’s nostril hairs formed in a USB cable hand woven by angel winged Pixies

2 Likes

What he said!

Before BACCH was in our system we used to cherry pick our music, now we listen to the entire album, because every song is an adventure now.

Just saying,

4 Likes

Made me look.

Whoever said you can’t go back was right.

We hooked up our new Mac Mini & Decware Zbit today. We got done late so Edgar is setting BACCH4Mac up Thursday. The sound is real good, but it’s only 2D, and not the 3D sound we grew to love.

In just two weeks we got so used to what BACCH does for music, right now it not like something is missing, it’s like a lot is missing. We’ll be eagerly waiting for his call to install the software in the new system.

4 Likes

On a side note, the Decware Zbit is a great Pre-Amp for the MKII.

1 Like