Theoretica Applied Physics BACCH

I believe that is correct.

Yes or his cusom boxes built by MSB. The Bacch Stereo Purifier. dio, adio or the 56K professional recording and playback option

1 Like

Too little too late. I had a Mac mini and eventually swapped out for he Signarure Rendu SE.

Guessing the Rendu would be rendered irrelevant with this guy? Although still unclear how it would sound better with more noise

1 Like

I think his software only runs on the Apple chip

I seem to remember when I first heard about crosstalk cancellation I tried a little experiment. It might have been something suggested by Ralph the ambisonics guy after hearing his huge Soundlab based system.

I own 6 Realtraps (purchased used many years ago from the Bosendorfer showroom here in NYC) and used those to divide the room, so that each speaker was playing in its own environment. Obviously it doesnā€™t fully isolate each speaker, but thought it could give me a better view of blumlein recordings, but didnā€™t seem to have the intended effect.

Iā€™m curious to try the Bachefor Mac solution, but wondering if it can work with Jriver? Thatā€™s what I used for playback with my Bridge II, and what I will use via USB when the MKII arrives next month.

That is interestingā€¦might be worth while event without this featureā€¦?

1 Like

Or this?:

https://www.soundstageultra.com/index.php/equipment-menu/913-theoretica-applied-physics-bacch-sp-adio-3d-sound-processor

This review was a bit more insightful, IMO.

FWIW.

1 Like

The impact of BACCH on the industry might be impressive, if it works like it seems.

DACs and streamers manufacturers, cables designers and probably acoustic treatments companies should need to rethink their plans.
Sound quality in general is still related to fundamental components and speakers, of course, but if this technology will be able to provide better improvements than the ones actually promised by expensive stuff (often subtle in comparison), we can expect a sort of revolution in audio community soon.

2 Likes

Would be interesting how Paul and Ted thnk about it and if they tried it.

1 Like

First off a 14 day no questions asked full refund policy. The first step is just a software download and installation in a Mac.

So, we dipped our toes in the pond by starting with BACCH4MAC INTRO for $1K about a week ago. Itā€™s the real deal! We are already making plans to upgrade to the next level with their unbelievable 100% trade up program. Anything you buy from them will be fully credited towards the price of next step, making it a lot easier to upgrade financially.

Letā€™s put it this way: IMHO/

PS Audio DirectStream DAC MKII ~ fantastic upgrade from the MKI

BACCH DSP ~ Itā€™s an unbelievable game changer
(You have to hear it to believe it, and we are only at the intro stage)

Just our thoughts,
Steve

4 Likes

If you ask questions to their Info@ email sddress replies are same day usually.

1 Like

The rendu cannot be used. The mac mini becomes Roon endpoint or the Roon core too if you wish. The DSP leaves mac mini as USB into DAC or DDC.

1 Like

We donā€™t have head tracking (yet).

With head tracking can it be setup for 3 different locations?

1. Sweet spot (middle seat)

2. The Mrs. Sweet spot (a little to the right of the middle)

3. Rear sweet spot (directly behind the middle sweet spot)

This could help me move this from the blank piercing stare from the Mrs. to real contemplation. :laughing:

2 Likes

Interesting.

So seems like in this situation a noisy MacMini+DSP > Noiseless optical in?

Seems counterintuitive

I read it can get confused on headā€™s sitting side by side. You could set separate Bins with frequency sweeps. Head Tracking would require at least a yard of space between side by side users.

1 Like

If you have a DS MK2 with input ground lift. You are galvanically isolated with ground lift activated You need not worry about using optical.

1 Like

Wow, then a sold Signature Rendu & EtherRegen and interesting BACCH purchase may be in my near future.

Will first enjoy the MKii once it arrives then decide on the new possibilities.

3 Likes

After the DSD Mk2 investment I think Iā€™ll have to give up on significant expenses for a while. So Iā€™ll have to just hear about your BACCH experiences.

The wife just decided to leave her incredibly (really incredibly) well paying job and took a 70% pay cut. I tried to convince her that the 70% could get her more horses and barns plus sonic improvement for me. The rationale didnā€™t work as I expected. Hence I canā€™t fudge the expense reports anymore

4 Likes

The only way to look into the BACCH is to sell my Signature Rendu & EtherRegen.

Would definitely try the trial before making the move thought.

1 Like