This is how noisy my P15 are in a quiet room

The noise is most likely the P15 fighting with the Ductless Split AC unit. I would suggest fixing whatever is wrong with the AC unit first. Then the P15 should be quiet.

Is it possible that the AC unit and the P15 are sharing a neutral? This would only be possible if the AC unit was a single pole circuit.

Plus, keep in mind, I’m unclear how electricity is distributed in Swedish houses.

In the US, most homes have 120/240V single phase (really two phases 180 degrees out of phase - thus the neutral is often shared between 2 single pole circuits of differing phases), 2 Pole services. Window mounted AC units could be single phase plugged into a standard receptacle with a neutral shared with another phase (that might just be feeding a P15).

The point of all this would be, any noise on the neutral of the AC unit would be seen by the P15, if the neutrals are shared. It’s all unlikely, but possible. If this is the case, the solution would be to pull a dedicated neutral for your P15 circuit.

3 Likes

You still can contact the people at PS Audio with questions. They may have some suggestions that could work to resolve your issue.

1 Like

“Is it possible that the AC unit and the P15 are sharing a neutral?” = I have no idea about that.
“This would only be possible if the AC unit was a single pole circuit.” = So I guess: “No”

We have 1-phase in Sweden.

“If this is the case, the solution would be to pull a dedicated neutral for your P15 circuit.” = Great tip there. I’m gonna think about that one.

1 Like