Tidal now streaming to Bridge II

No need to reinstall. Yale is configured to work with Bridge 2 as is.

Qobuz appeared, I logged in, I played a few tracks. But now in the menu I have Renderer, Library, Settings, Exit. There is no “Cloud” section and no sign of Qobuz… Settings does have some stuff that seems relevant for online services, but no mention of Tidal or Qobuz.

Any suggestions?

Installing the bridge was very simple. I think it took longer for me to get the DS out of the rack than it did to install the Bridge. The only minor hiccup was that the screw holes on the Bridge didn’t line up with my DAC, but the connection from inserting the card was tight, so I just left it as is (no screws).

I have an Airport Extreme as my main router and I am using an Airport Express as a wireless bridge to the Bridge II. I haven’t had any issues with network stability or a single dropout of music streaming TIDAL with this setup.

Honestly, it took me longer to setup the Samsung Galaxy S2 than it did to install the Bridge. I am still getting used to the Android way of things. For me, an iPad provides a better user experience (no need to get into details of this), but the Galaxy is no slouch, and Bubble UPnp is a nice control app. The Bubble UPnP app appears to be fast and stable and to date I haven’t had any difficultly with it. Really, all of this has been quite seamless.

Without a doubt, this is the best sound quality I have experienced streaming TIDAL in my system. Transparent and musical with a 3D soundstage.

My earliest attempts with a MacBook via USB were the least acceptable. For example, highs were grainy and the soundstage was flat. I would get fatigued listening for extended periods of time. I was able to get things sounding better by incorporating the Uptone Regen and a Curious USB cable into the setup, but the Bridge sounds better in my system.

Overall, I am very happy with this experience.

I upgraded my PWD Dac Version II via the Directstream kit a few months ago but kept the first generation bridge. I was very pleased with the sound improvement with the upgrade and the 1st generation bridge was working fine for me, and gapless play was not a big concern.

After reading the latest reviews on the Bridge II, I decided to upgrade and just installed it a couple of days ago. The upgrade as others have commented was very easy and the only hiccup was the firmware update froze on the first try but rebooting and trying again was successful.

My first impressions of the Bridge II is additional detail but at a loss of some fullness and body. After 24 hours those traits have disappeared.

I installed Bubble UPnP configured to Tidal and it is absolutely amazing the transformation of the sound quality. I was tempted to quit Tidal as I was streaming through a Sonos ZP80 to the DirectStream and it wasn’t impressive to say the least.

Now after hearing Tidal streaming through Bridge II, I couldn’t be more please with the audio quality.

If anyone is on the fence about purchasing the Bridge II don’t hesitate. The improvement over Bridge 1 is definitely discernable and if you are a Tidal subscriber it is a no brainer to upgrade. I also love the convenience of using an Android device versus a computer/USB connection to stream Tidal.

Hello to all,

I am new to the forum.

I would have some questions for you:

• I have a DirectStream Junior and want to use the bridge II

• I would like to use Qobuz through the DAC

• I could install bubbleupnp server on my synology NAS (where I also store my music)

• I use linn Kazoo on a mac, where I can see my music library, Qobuz and Tidal

Now my issue:

When I play music from qobuz or from music file, I get the music but I also get some ‘pop’ ‘clock’ noise in the speakers

Does somebody ever experience this problem?

If I use another streamer plugged in USB, everything is fine

Thanks and Regards

Guy

After trying many things, probably too many, I forgot about the fundamental…

After rebooting the router, it looks everything is running smoothly now

DirectStream Junior fed through ethernet bridge (including qobuz) singing in Genelec G5 / F2, sweet!!!

Have a good day

Guy

Glad you figured it out (or just got lucky–that’s how I solve most of my problems of this nature) and welcome to the forum! Hope you stick around.

Welcome to the forum Guy. Thank you for posting the solution to your problem, and congratulations on finding it yourself - these little successes are good for the spirit. Feel free to ask more questions and join in on the conversations, we look forward to your participation in this great forum.

J.P.

Paul McGowan said It should work with Spotify or any other service. It has nothing to do with the Bridge - in that the Bridge is capable of streaming anything you send it. You just need a controller capable of doing things like that.
Had the DS with Bridge II for a month - absolutely brilliant! Most of my listening is to ALAC tracks ripped from CD and stored on a NAS running MinimServer with playback controlled by BubbleUPnP on an Android tablet (Nexus 7 running Android version 6.0.1) but I use Spotify to check out new music before buying the CD (normally used - less expensive than a download).

I have a prime account with Spotify but cannot get it to play directly to the Bridge; Spotify does not appear in BubbleUPnP library list ‘Cloud’ heading for the local renderer i.e. the tablet, and there is no 'Cloud" heading in the Bridge II renderer.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

My current work around is to use an SPDIF input on the DS connected to an AppleTV that provides Airplay in Spotify, which I have to control from an iPad as Airplay is not supported by the Android tablet!

If I cannot use the Bridge II direct, the simplest way to use my Android tablet for Spotify may be to buy a Chomecast Audio and connect its SPDIF optical output to the DS.

You might try Jamcast. That streams anything from the PC sound card to the bridge.

Dennis

Hi,

I am new at this. I own a de with bridge II and the first two weeks I could stream tidal through Bubble UPnP. Now when I try to play music through bridge II the song doesn’t start. When I use my tablets own speakers it plays normally. Any thoughts??

AnVa

AnVa,

In the top left corner of the Bubble UPnp application, there are 3 horizontal lines. If you tap on the lines, a menu will appear. Under the section labeled ‘Renderer’, confirm that Bridge II is selected. If not, tap the carrot to the right, a drop down menu will appear, and select Bridge II.

Dave

Thank for you reply. As I wrote, it used to work for a few weeks and one day it just stopped. Also, I can stream music from songs inside the tablet, only Tidal is not working.

Have you checked on your TIDAL login credentials in the bubble UPnP app? Tap on the 3 dots in the top right corner, click on TIDAL settings and make sure everything is enabled. Can you play TIDAL tracks through the browser on your tablet or on another computer/device?

Yes I can. Also using the Bubble-UPnP app. I can stream Google music but no Tidal.

You could try remove and reinstall bubbleupnp

Also check the internet connection on the bridge, maybe resetting router and DS solves the problem.

Nothing!! I tried with a new phone also. How can I reset the DS dac and the Bridge II?

Turn off the DS (also at the back), take off the powercord, wait a couple of seconds. Put the memorycard with the correct firmware (Yale for bridge II) into the DS. Now plug in the powercable and turn on the DS.

Tried everything. All work except Tidal…