Using a battery backup UPS with Power Generator?

I’m blown away by how well the regenerators make my equipment work better. I even hooked my TV up to my P20, as the room serves as both my stereo listening and video game playing. That being said, the TV looks better when on the P20. The colors are just better and I’d say sharper, but that’s not the full story.

Anyway, I’d like to put my video game systems and gaming PC on it too, however, those I keep on a battery backup UPS so a power outage can never ruin the systems harddrives or lose data or game progress.

Can I use a battery backup UPS after the P20 for just the video game systems? Would that even get the benefit, as those battery UPS units are electricaly noisy. Would they harm or back feed noise into my P20? Should I use the UPS before the P20?Recommendations?

I have a couple of APC UPS units here in my office for the reasons you say, to protect my computers and servers. I’d leave it at that.

Shouldn’t be a problem if it is the kind that kicks in in the case of an outage. Most do. This means they basically pass through whatever is fed to them and only kick in when there’s an outage. A number of people do this but they choose instead to place it on the input of the P20 which is a better choice.

BTW, when we used to demo the improvements to video of a Power Plant we’d simply have two identical monitors playing from the same feed. One powered from the wall, the other from the regenerator. That was our entire presentation at CEDIA. People would come by and ask which was on the regenerator and all we’d need do is ask them which set was best. They got it right 100% of the time.

Does hooking up noisy things like computers to a regenerator “back feed” noise into the regenerator and mix the noise into other components on the regenerator, or are they isolated or otherwise ok, due to the low impedence?

A modern Power Plant regenerator has such low output impedance that it squashes any noise from connected equipment and they do not cross contaminate.

To add in UPS-speak:

For this use case, line-interactive is preferred over a online double-conversion UPS.

Online double-conversion is nearly always preferred for critical computer systems unless cost is a major concern.