Very clever solution, anybody tried one?

https://hifipig.com/block-audio-c-lock-power-connection-guard-launched/#more-62261

2 Likes

There are endless ways to separate people from their money…

2 Likes

I find it more efficient and straightforward to simply say no to super-stiff power cords, admittedly, but that said, it’s a solution to what IME is a real problem. Not too long ago I brought some of my PC’s to my dealer for a comparative listening session and as expected he demo’d the new high-er end AQ cables for me… leaving aside the sonics, there is no way I would buy them, because of their stiffness. Cables exist for the sake of man, and not the other way around :slight_smile:

2 Likes

A long time ago I bought a Furutech mains socket. I only need one.

UK 3-pin plugs are more stable anyway, but this socket is well worth the money. It’s a rock solid connection, very stiff, no wobble at all. Needs quite shove/yank to insert/remove.

I must admit that a problem I had with my regenerator was the C15 plug falling out. One reason for going to Shunyata is the physical build quality. The sockets are way better than standard. The mains block has a C19 input, much better than C15, and the sockets out point upwards. I think PSA and many other manufacturers could improve on this front.

This product looks impractical in that it may fix one socket, but impedes use of surrounding sockets.

1 Like

Yeah I agree with your point about it blocking other sockets.

1 Like

Locking plugs and sockets of all flavours naturally appeal to me, probably a Freudian thing, but the top of the line there is dear!

True though @stevensegal - UK sockets are big, bulky, and hurt like hell when you stand on them in the dark (worse in many ways than Lego bricks!), but when well made they are very secure by their nature :slight_smile:

Edit - the furtech UK socket looks good - I have always stuck to MK but their quality seems to have faded the lasts few years…

1 Like

It’s a good idea, but the connection at the equipment (UEC?) is actually more of a problem than the wall connection.

2 Likes

One of the reasons I chose the Triode Wire Labs cords I use end-to-end in my system is they are highly flexible, plus they sound great. Maybe a lock that makes access to the other socket problematic at best is a solution for someone with stiff water hose sized cords, more power to them, but not needed around these parts.

I also use a TWL cord on my power amp.