W4S MUSIC SERVER 2TB (MS-2)

I was there for a new year party about 10 years back . In Sydney, it is a very clean city nice people.

For about ten years or so there was a group of us who went to different destinations for new years. it was fun till some people died then we stopped … not partying related just not cool anymore.

@stereophilus - At first I thought your first anniversary was with your new speakers, but then I realised you haven’t had them that long? Where will you take them when that special day comes up? Maybe Saffire in Freycinet :slight_smile:

Joking aside, congratulations - hope you had a great time.

David

@stereophilus- Is there an ipad controller for the W4S MS-2 and what do you think of it? Any comparison with JRiver controlled by JRemote?

Mike

I use iPeng to control the W4S server. To me that is the best control app on the iPad for LMS. I have not used jRiver.

@stereophilus - At first I thought your first anniversary was with your new speakers, but then I realised you haven't had them that long? Where will you take them when that special day comes up? Maybe Saffire in Freycinet :)

Joking aside, congratulations - hope you had a great time.

David

=))

I did miss the speakers and music while away. The rooms had a Bose wave in them 8-|

Sapphire on Freycinet is definitely on the radar. We have already sampled The Louise Barossa and had our honeymoon at Capella on Lord Howe island. We have caught the bug!

Speaking of Islands…

How about one that people will ask what? where? really???

Bangaram Island is very special and in a spectacular Atoll setting.

It is luxuriously simple, let’s call it “barefoot-first class”.

I was there a few years ago when it was being set up and spent time with the newly arrived dive master doing exploratory dives in virgin locations. The 12 foot guppies come right up to your nose. Catch a ride on a sea turtle, for as long as you can hang on.

We found a 400 year old Portuguese wreck @140 feet that I spotted from 60ft, the water is that clear. We had it carbon dated and it is now an Indian historic site. No idea if it is empty?

The site says the island is temporarily closed [ government headaches] but at the bottom you can see some of their other locations. All are High End but simple,[it takes brains and taste to pull that off] and one can move from one to the other while enjoying each one’s unique offerings.

The houseboats are awesome with 2 cooks and food that will blow your mind as well as the sights while exploring the Kerela Backwaters.

Highly recommended for an incomparable adventure.

http://www.cghearth.com/bangaram-island

However…

If we go “just the boys” then I have 2 other wonderful islands that will have you thinking you got lost in heaven. Hint, extremely friendly natives.

Looks beautiful . I have been to many places in Mexico not virgin but the booze was and tv channels too.

I know I sound pompas and I guess I am but I just a vacation at not work at it. Cruises is the best for me know .

Al

If you enjoy cruises look at winstar.

75 delux cabins, eat when you want 24/7, get into small ports or just hang on the ship or dive. Other than the odd evening sail into the sunset it feels like there is almost nobody on the ship.

I’m trying to book Grenadines in Feb. There are often deals.

Being a private sailor, I cringe when I see the big ships with multi-decks, a city of people and jacket for dinner.

Not my style.

Flip flops, cut-offs, funky tee-shirt, a cold beer in one hand and a lobster in the other. Now that for me is a holiday. :-h

As well as kangaroos and Wallabies there are Bettongs also called Rat Kangaroos, Tree Kangaroos, Euros and or Wallaroos, Potaroos, Pademelons or Scrub Wallabies (they are smaller than the other Wallabies) plus others.

The Australian National Rugby Union team is called the ‘Wallabies’. Rugby Union is the game played in heaven by gentlemen. The team recently defeated Wales in a fantastic game. There was nothing gentle about that particular game. Finally the National Rugby League team is called the ‘Kangaroos’ and they are the World Cup Champions.

Lord Howe Island is heaven on earth

The intro to this thread did say Miscellaneous Ramblings.

Regards

John

Gorden that is exactly what I want , the big gaudy ships i am royal Caribbean gold member . I do not want culture I have enough of that in NYC . I want the faceless people I will never see again. I am social with all it’s fun to meet new people and then … Nothing . I know I must sound anti social but it’s who I am . I do have some friends and I visit , he’ll if invited I might visit you and you show me the places to see there . The ship is where it’s at for me , and in the ports some snorkeling . No diving on places I do not know well. I will not go on there biggest ship as I think it’s even too big for me , but I will eventually . I was in Sydney for New Years and I use to go some where new every year . But that is over now. I do envy people who can do that though . I love Mexico too Puerto Vallarta is cool to go to. And I never did see a real Joey or adult while I was there . But a really nice place to party in .

One more thing , I do not like small ships either , some bad karma there too for me . Although I am a good swimmer and can dive and float very well. I did almost drown twice in my life , long stories. I am impressed at your abilities and the style of life you seem to have . Enjoy and have whatever is your fav on me !!

Back to ‘roos.

Here are some Canadian ones.

The buggers keep sneakin’ in to use my BBQ.

Attached files

They do get really pissed though when I send my parrots out to wake them up.

Attached files

assisi said: There was nothing gentle about that particular game.

I have never met a gentle rugby game. :)

Great sport which I enjoyed playing for a couple of years.