W4S MUSIC SERVER 2TB (MS-2)

Who has this and how do they like it?

Does the i2s HDMI work with pwdmkii?

And I think someone here already Recommended this to me maybe.

Al D

Calling Stereophilus. Calling Stereophilus. Come in, Stereophilus…

He must be busy throwing a Foster’s can at a dingo. Or maybe waltzing Matilda, tying his kangaroo down, skipping to the loo, putting shrimp on the barby, teasing a Kiwi about sheep, wrestling a croc…

I’m going with wrestling a croc.

Feeding his wallabies.

What is a wallabies ?

Koinda’ lahk ah roo, mate, only smollah.

G’day.

Attached files

Wow that’s pretty good typing I am always amazed how good some people can type the phrases of other wording styles . Very funny and good man.

Just back from a little holiday and what do I find…? Haha, you guys crack me up. Keep working on that accent as well @wglenn. Actually we went to a beautiful little Eco-Retreat called southern ocean lodge… On (wait for it)… Kangaroo island. Highly recommended if any of you yanks want to visit us Aussies one day.

Anyway what was the question?

Good morning , hope you enjoyed your vacation. I am looking to buy a music server. One of my choices is the MS2. By wired for sound sound it is the 2 tb version with a HDMI i2s . To use with the pwdmkii. Did they fix the native x problem ? Any thoughts

@wglenn so it’s a Joey ??

@stereophilus - wow - lucky. South Ocean Lodge looks fantastic. I’ve stayed down in Vivonne Bay before, but didn’t have the dosh to splash on the SOL.

Good morning , hope you enjoyed your vacation. I am looking to buy a music server. One of my choices is the MS2. By wired for sound sound it is the 2 tb version with a HDMI i2s . To use with the pwdmkii. Did they fix the native x problem ? Any thoughts

Hi Al D. If you buy a new W4S server they work well with the PWD II using the i2s over HDMI input, even with NativeX. The older ms2 units may not work without an upgrade to the output board. To my ears the W4S server using i2s has a slight edge in SQ over the bridge and USB. The W4S servers run LMS and can act as a local NAS feeding the bridge if you want. Really it is a very versatile and dead silent option with which to feed the PWD II. My only issue is the ripping functionality of the ms2 is fairly basic. I use iTunes and rip to ALAC and then copy the files over the network. That way I have a backup too. Hope that helps.

Thanks what you just said will help greatly. And I have a nas with a ssd in it already. I have music in wav format in there as this seems to be the format of choice by most. I do not want to use the bridge it is too flaky for me. this is an office system and I just want to hear the music. it also does internet radio correct??

@wglenn so it's a Joey ??

Not quite... Wallabies are a related marsupial macropod, but it doesn't grow as big as a kangaroo and tends to favour undergrowth habitat rather than open plains. A joey is baby kangaroo.
L-)
Thanks what you just said will help greatly. And I have a nas with a ssd in it already. I have music in wav format in there as this seems to be the format of choice by most. I do not want to use the bridge it is too flaky for me. this is an office system and I just want to hear the music. it also does internet radio correct??

Yes, full internet radio, MOG and Pandora.

ok it looks just like a joey , a small kangaroo lol.

thanks

ok it looks just like a joey , a small kangaroo lol.

thanks

;)

If you pop over someday I'll explain it all to you in person over a bottle of Talisker...

you are in Australia correct. thats like a 20 hour flight correct??

@stereophilus - wow - lucky. South Ocean Lodge looks fantastic. I've stayed down in Vivonne Bay before, but didn't have the dosh to splash on the SOL.

You did well to get to KI... Most people leave it off the itinerary due to its relative remoteness. Vivonne Bay is quite idyllic. But SOL is just... wow! We were celebrating our first anniversary so it was worth a bit of a splurge..
<:-P
you are in Australia correct. thats like a 20 hour flight correct??

Correct. 20hours is about right. A little more from the east coast, a little less from the west coast. But when you come over, make it a month or 2... It is too far to come to stay only a week or 2.