Waiting for BHK 250? Received!

Hey, I’ll hold up my end if you hold up yours. :smile: :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

If you have a Harbor Freight go and pick up a small wooden dolly. It will allow you to be able to move the amp without ending up in traction. I tip the 250 on its side, lower it onto the dolly than even it up than roll it into position. It so happens in my case that the height is just right for the bottom shelf of my Sanus rack. I put pieces of paper under the feet to assist in sliding it into position on the shelf. Once the amp is where i want it I can pull the paper out.

Thanks, I have one of theirs from about 5 years ago. Definitely helps.

I use a small 10-12" bicycle tube to lift components for ‘feet’ changes. Slide it underneath and pump it up.

2 Likes

Brett,
That is another good idea. The 250 is extremely heavy it weighs 10 lbs more than my P-10 and that one is a back breaker. Enjoy the amp when you get it.

I just picked up my BHK 300s and put them were I wanted.

1 Like

Now you’re just braggin’

My dolly is just over an inch taller than the platform it will live on. I’ll just have to work smarter instead of harder

1 Like

Carried them up the steps (one at a time), told the wife to hold the door open, best part I didn’t drop them! Years of working maints at Snap On you get use to picking up heavy stuff.

Wait… you haven’t seen my 10mm socket, have you?

3 Likes

I’ve seen plenty of them but I can’t swear one of them was yours :grin:, I dropped at 7/16 socket one day and never found it!!! Even years later when we moved the machines out where I dropped it, I looked under the footprint of the machine, wasn’t there…

1 Like

I was blessed with just a touch more brains than brawn. My Dad was a crafty fellow who built a 3000’ sq. ft 4-level house essentially by himself and my 10 year old assistance. He got help for the big jobs but still…he was a doer.

My plan involves de-boxing on the front porch lifting with the help of lifting straps up and dolly.

Roll the dolly up to the cabinet and slide the amp right in. Hardwood felt sliders and melamine interface very nicely. A nudge and she’ll slip right into place.

A bicycle inner tube on the cabinet shelf and another on top of the vented plinth under the 250 will be used to lift and remove the pine sliders…replace with feet. Do the same under the 250 to add/change feet with a few simple pumps of a small bike pump.

I used ‘plasti-tak’ to keep everything temporarily in place. I need to finish the paint or black spray plasti-dip so it just disappears. Once the M700 come out I’ll bore 4 - 2.5" holes in the bottom shelf to aid convection. Plus a pair of 6.8dBA 120mm fans to move 33 cu. ft/min. each nearly silently.

11 Likes

Nicely done.

I feel positively deprived as my audio electronics weigh a total of 18 pounds.

I have a phono amp on order from EAR Yoshino, they seem to have a problem with getting one or two parts, which must be a common Covid issue. Will be sorted in a few weeks, a shame as we are driving past their factory on Thursday.

I’ve got 180kg of concrete going spare if anyone wants it and needs some exercise.

Very nice taste you’ve got there.

1 Like

I received a note from sales that my 250 is set to ship tomorrow! I know it’s just an amp, and the amps I have now are very good but still I’m excited like a kid on Christmas eve.

7 Likes

You won’t be disappointed.

That’s similar to the way my wife and I handle moving heavy gear in place. We lift component onto a platform on wheels, roll that up to the shelf, place a sheet of parchment paper on the shelf, lift the rear feet of the component onto the parchment paper and then slide the component into the shelf. Once in place, lift the rear feet up and pull out the parchment paper.

1 Like

Please move to Florida and I’ll give you a case a week, just to be on standby.

2 Likes

Ha, but then I’d have to live in Florida :grimacing:

3 Likes

Powered up the 250 about 20 mins ago.

So far so good :blush: Most immediately, the treble is sooo much cleaner and smoother than the M700. I’ll enjoy listening to this amp break-in.

6 Likes

Great to hear Bret! Now get out of here, grab a drink, and enjoy some tunes!

2 Likes