We also love cars

I have noticed only a few, but these few post a lot about their cars.

Good taste!

Just trying to gauge, whatā€™s the opinion of the members here on the BMW X6? It seems like one of those hate it or love it designs. Anyone own one?

I have owned many cars; BMW is my least favorite car out of all the cars I have reviewed, sat in drivenā€¦ Donā€™t like the cabin layout, the cabin equipment functionality, performance, styling, sound, look, feelā€¦ It would be on the hate side. I will take an MB or Toyota Prius over any BMW car. Full disclosure: I have owned (2) MB. Also, I own a RR Evoqueā€¦ NFW I would ever buy a BMW SUVā€¦ just on the styling rational. Now performance - well lets just say my wife would rather own a Prius than the BMW SUVā€¦ OK, guiltyā€¦ haterā€¦ :weary:

Got itā€¦you donā€™t like BMWs. I do.

All good, the reason there are so many cars out thereā€¦ :slight_smile:
Forgot: hate not dislikeā€¦ would be a better wordā€¦ since the second I sat in one years agoā€¦

If the size and utility works enough to compel you to own one, then do it. They drive great, like any BMW. I just canā€™t look at the thing.
On the far side of the spectrum, a friend bought a new M2. Three pedals and an absolute blast to drive.

1 Like

They drive great! The roofline is too sloped for me as I am tall. Perhaps only the Cayenne is more sporty. Give it a test drive.

1 Like

IMO the first generation X6 pulled the design off better than the current one. I had a buddy with the M version and it seem to defy physics the way it handled and accelerated. I agree that it is a polarizing design. I had a 2014 X5 diesel M sport that seated 7 (albeit kiddy seats in the back) that was one of the best vehicles Iā€™ve owned. Handled great, comfortable, and had amazing range (34 mpg hwy) with very usable power.

1 Like

They make a great motorcycleā€¦well LOTS of great motorcycles.

Things tend to be breezy in the back seat, but the headroom is pretty much unlimited. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Did you sit in the back? Iā€™ve read about the limited head room (Iā€™m 6ā€™-3" but would never sit in the back), difficulty getting out and seeing out the back (this one is obviously a big deal). However, saying all that, I think they look fantastic: my wife hates the look. The car is for me and I donā€™t mind a polarizing design, I like it that much. I found a 2016 with all the colors and accessories I like for a good price. I do need to drive it. Thanks all for your opinions.

1 Like

I didnā€™t sit in the back. For me, itā€™s the roofline in the front and the sight lines. Iā€™d never get one but the Tesla X is amazing for tall people in that the roof is all glass. It feels so open. These days so very few cars are built for people over 6ā€™3ā€.

Variety is the spice of life! So many choices and a flavor for everyone. Interesting on the system pic thread there is product overlap (stands to reason since there are a lot of PS Audio fanboys here) but not one system is identical to another. I know you are a Corvette lover (I owned a C6 for seven years) but went another direction for my fair weather ride this time. Ordered this one from the factory and the only option I would not order again is the upgraded Burmester audio system. Never use it, the car on itā€™s own makes plenty of music.

3 Likes

I will never own a minivan or SUV. Soul-sucking dream killers.

1 Like

But, other than that, what do you think?

2 Likes

Iā€™m just curious about the forum rules regarding quotes?

Elk hates them and will remove them with a religious zealā€¦oh wait.

2 Likes

I was thinking about this today when my neighbor drove up in his. Iā€™m not a fan because it seems too high but then Iā€™m only 5ā€™8". Maybe Mr 6ā€™3" would find it better proportioned.

I get that itā€™s weird looking but man I like it. If itā€™s still for sale when I get back from my NOLA trip this week, gonna take the drive to the dealer and check it out in person. Iā€™m rarely so smitten with the look of a car. Dark gray with a white/black interior.

Is it a V6 or 8? My primary quibble with the F15/16 series is the steering and road feel. The drive by wire is a bit numb for my taste. Check it out and see what you think.