We also love cars

And a vehicle does not need the greatest heritage to be big capable fun. I find that many German cars cannot go around corners anyway. Had a BMW following me to work one day on back roads between Leamington Spa and the Jaguar Cars engineering centre at Whitley. There was this awesome roundabout turn with an exit onto a stone bridge lined left and right with stone. My Ford Fiesta-based Yamaha-powered Ford Puma handled it fine. The Bimmer never quite made the turn and the rear end whacked into the bridge sides.

Another even more mundane vehicle that was great fun was my Renault Alliance (No.9). We called it a Ronzoni (after the pasta brand) car because it “runs only” downhill. Long as I got it up to 135KPH (above 80mph), though, it would keep that up, up and down hills. The steering was great. Once passed through the I95 curves of Portland Maine, steering by another guy and myself throwing our weight about in the vehicle, banging against the bulkheads, one way and then the other.

1 Like

The first photo, at 6100 rpm, I would be concerned about temp and oil pressure. No?

Well, there is the car and there is the driver.

4 Likes

The long standing comment (remember Bruce Anderson?) was that you should have 1 bar per 1kRPM. Funny you would say that, I replaced the sending unit and it now reads 1.5 bar higher which is still low. However, that engine is running a GT3 oil pump with a custom oil system. I wonder.

It pulls to 6900 on 5th!

Can you identify the others?

Scary.
The second pic looks my '69 S. Sold (what an idiot!). I really miss that car.
The rest, I dunno.

1 Like

I was expecting you to recognize the second one. Correct 69S.

Third one is a pretty special Ruf RCT on its way to terminal velocity!

4th Audi TTRS and 5th Audi R8 Plus

Hey, at 17 years old I liked it juuuusssst fine. :smile:

2 Likes

Rainy in Austin?! Enough to raise Lake Travis I hope. Once when visited by my friend that lives in Lakeway, we were rained out of golf and he just wanted to sit in my garage and drink beer while watching the downpour.

1 Like

I followed the evolution of the 911 over many years in Car and Driver. Each generation change claimed a significant improvement in chassis rigidity that implied near infinite rigidity after a fashion. That requires near infinite mass, right? :laughing:

1 Like

Wednesday was rain all day. There was about a 10-minute lull, when we unfortunately decided to start walking up the road a mile to listen to some music. We were absolutely drenched.

I think this new Bugatti could also be in the We also love watches thread!

3 Likes

Ugh! :frowning_with_open_mouth: I love every line of that car except that horrible snout! Just terrible.

1 Like

I’ve got just the place to park that bad boy:

Bugatti Residences by Binghatti – the first-ever Bugatti Residences in the world – is located in the prime area of the Business Bay in Dubai. The collaboration between the two revered brands aims to depict synergies that achieve unparalleled excellence.

You have to get air to that V16 from somewhere.

Sure, and Jimmy Durante had to breathe. Doesn’t mean it was elegant! :joy:

1 Like

It’s no Celica GT for sure.

4 Likes

Nice picture!

Birthday gift for myself. 2024 Audi S4. Far more power than makes sense. Perfect.

8 Likes

It’s not too much power - it’s just headroom to prevent clipping!

9 Likes