We also love cars

Dawn, Sears Point Raceway in Sonoma, CA…

5 Likes

Just bought the sweetie her new MB E450
She loves it!

11 Likes

Now we have dueling cabriolets:

13 Likes

Lookie what we did! 2009 C2S Manual
I do all the maintenance except for a clutch. 5K oil changes w/Cera Tec, Top Tier gas, and a bottle of Techron every once in a while.

Peace
Bruce in Philly

12 Likes

Placed a fairly specific WTB ad on the Porsche Club mart website a few months back, and didn’t get much of a response. (There are probably 20 ads posted a day, so it disappeared pretty quickly.)

But after the ad was printed in the club magazine, I got an email from a guy who said “I think I might have your car.”

We chatted a bunch, I got a PPI done, we struck a deal, and I’m flying down to Texas to pick it up next week. :crazy_face:

2018 991.2 911 Carrera. Miami Blue. 7-speed manual. Slicktop. Carrera sport wheels. Exactly the spec I was looking for.

(It’s my phone wallpaper at the moment.) :heart_eyes:

11 Likes

Nice! Patience is rewarded. Is this something you come by naturally or had you just taken it off boil and set it on the back burner?

It was anything but a back-burner situation!

I was refreshing the PCAMart classifieds page 10 times a day. I constantly was checking autotrader, autotempest, all the sites and forums. Rennlist, etc… If someone posted a youtube video or a pic of their car on a forum post, and it was the spec I wanted, I usually reached out to ask if they were ever going to sell.

Just got lucky that the WTB ad I posted on the site got printed in the member magazine.

As I wrote the ad a few months back, Miami blue was my third choice. (And it’s not “metallic.” I’m sure I had some copy-paste going on.) But as the days progressed, Miami blue really was the only color I wanted.

1 Like

Congratulations

1 Like

Mercedes’ use of a small motor in this car is ingenious.

I’ve a yellow 996 GT3 and belong to the GB Porsche Club. Years ago a chap came to a meeting (we were off for a drive) with a cobalt blue 996 and said he’d searched months to get the car. We met at a pub that’s in the centre of a very large roundabout. We set off but inevitably some of us got split up but I knew there was a cobalt blue car in the group. I followed it and after a few miles the guy pulled into a drive. It appears that cobalt blue 996s aren’t that rare after all.

991.2 Carrera 7MT acquired. Flew down to Austin TX to pick it up, and it’s currently parked at our friends’ condo garage (conveniently also in Austin).

Heading north to Minnesota tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll miss the bad weather!
:grimacing:

9 Likes

Ooo beautiful! Congratulations. Enjoy that first real drive.

If by bad weather you mean rain, best of luck. By MN standards, if you mean above zero temps, no black ice and no snow accumulation that might high center your stunning chariot, worry not. FYI, I live in downtown St Paul and in the metro since 1982.

yep, born and raised in the twin cities (c. 1965). Also live in St. Paul. So, we’re driving the car home

Been rainy in austin last couple of days, but looks like it might clear up for us on the way back to MN.

One of the great attributes of the 911 is it’s solidity and capabilities in foul weather.
I used a 996 as a daily for a long time and even in winter with four snows, it was very confidence inspiring.

3 Likes

Hey, after Thanksgiving break many years ago I drove my 1976 Toyota Celica GT from NY back up to MIT, in the snow and ice. It was so bad that for much of the drive I think I was the only one crazy enough to be on the road. Car handled like a dream. Just sayin’. :smile:

1 Like

I’m really loving the aftermarket steering wheel I installed in my Porsche TTS.
A lot fatter diameter and nice combo of carbon fiber and leather!
Carbon fiber paddle shifters also added.

6 Likes

Certainly an excellent, capable car, but not one to ignite a passion for high performance cars, I would guess.

Very nice wheel! Here some of the ones from my stable (street):

4 Likes

Race: