Weird, sudden volume drop on DS

I’ve never had this happen before, certainly not while I was running my PWD.

I was listening to tunes from the DS through the Bridge. I was using UPnPlay from my Android with eMM as the server. Done this before many times, although I will admit UPnPlay is a bit buggy on my device. Since I am also listening now to my new preamp (a Pass XP-20happy-132_gif), I thought I’d see if I liked it better if I raised the DS volume from 90 (where it has been since I started using it with my older X1 preamp) to 100. I did this with the remote. I decided after a minute or so to put the DS back at 90. A few minutes go by and suddenly there’s a volume drop from my speakers. I look at the DS screen and it’s mysteriously at 70! The remote was sitting on the table, untouched from the moment I set the volume back to 90. UPnPlay does not have the ability to control renderer volume like BubbleUPnP, so I don’t think it could have been that. Any ideas? This is the first time anything even remotely odd has happened with the DS; nothing like this has ever happened with the PWD. I’ve had the Bridge since I purchased the PWD.

Ghosts…

Aliens…?!

May just be a fluke. I have a c-j pre-amp (now in my second system) that used to occasionally go crazy, as if someone was pressing all the buttons at once and even turning itself on and off. I wasn’t using any remote when this happened. The best explanation their repair tech could give me was some sort of “digital interference” (not defined). He said they probably would not be able to fix it but offered me a tee shirt (which I still have). It hasn’t done it in years, maybe because it’s in a system with different components or in a different room. Not saying that’s what’s going on here but I wouldn’t worry too much unless it keeps happening. It may just be a random event. Or gremlins.

Russian-Rhapsody3-1.jpg

Seriously though, I wouldn’t worry about it T unless it becomes a frequent issue… It almost sounds as if the remote just sent some spurious IR… I think its a one off occurrence…

stevem2 said May just be a fluke. I have a c-j pre-amp (now in my second system) that used to occasionally go crazy, as if someone was pressing all the buttons at once and even turning itself on and off. I wasn't using any remote when this happened. The best explanation their repair tech could give me was some sort of "digital interference" (not defined). He said they probably would not be able to fix it but offered me a tee shirt (which I still have). It hasn't done it in years, maybe because it's in a system with different components or in a different room. Not saying that's what's going on here but I wouldn't worry too much unless it keeps happening. It may just be a random event. Or gremlins.
I had a preamp that did that a few times and then quit for a year and did it a few times again. I noticed that only for a few days a year the sun hit the IR sensor directly...

I’ll definitely be keeping an eye (ear?) on this. I was wrong about UPnPlay - it does have a volume slider even though I don’t use it. But it also has a feature that will skip to the next song if you shake the tablet. Maybe I hit some kind of bug; it just so happened that when the volume dropped the tablet was resting on the tops of my legs as I was sitting there and… yes Gordon they were a boppin’ along with the music!dancing-009_gif

I had a similar problem with a tube preamp. I tracked it down to a light globe being switched on. Changed the globe type and the problem was gone !!!