What are you spinning now? Mark 15

7 Likes

10 Likes

5 Likes

10 Likes

5 Likes

4 Likes

It’s National Poetry day, or week, or something.
Consequently we have had the pleasure of hearing Jake Thackeray multiple times on th BBC 6music playlist :slight_smile:

As an aside Craig Charles (well known from Red Dwarf now of course), who has an afternoon show on that channel, was originally known for his “beat poetry” - and very good he was too!

6 Likes

Tupelo Chain Sex - Spot the Difference

Now that I’m thinking about punk bands from the 1980s - these guys were from the LA Punk scene but they somehow combined punk and jazz… successfully in my opinion. They even had the great Don “Sugarcane” Harris on violin. I loved these guys so much. Its hard to find clean copies of this album though - I have three copies all played with an abandon to vinyl caution.

3 Likes

The town I live in has a poetry festival this time of year… I should look for the schedule. Every year the police put this sign up for it

5 Likes

I liked Jake Thackray - quirky Yorkshire man. He used to have great guests on his TV show, Richard and Linda Thompson, Sandy Denny, Ralph McTell and others of that ilk… Much better than the dross that passes for entertainment nowadays. The halcyon days, pre BBC WOKE!! @joma0711, good-one, I’d forgotten about Jake Thackray!

2 Likes

11 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

5 Likes

7 Likes

9 Likes

7 Likes

Tupelo Chain Sex - Ja-Jazz

3 Likes

9 Likes