What are you spinning now? (Mk 3)

Exploring female jazz singers.

2 Likes

As we’ve changed from the system with the Verity’s to the one with the open baffle Spatial’s time to change musical direction.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

1 Like

4 Likes

10 Likes

Qobuz. 16/44.1. Pramsohler’s first album was well received when issued, For music from Dresden I thought it had a very Italian feel.

1 Like

2 Likes

‘Ball and Chain’, track from the new Who album to be released on Nov. 22. (Qobuz)

1 Like

10 Likes

11 Likes

5 Likes

Couldnt find it on Qobuz.

Haven’t heard much Chet Baker. Any particular albums you might recommend. I couldn’t find this one on Qobuz. Thanks.

Love this album - beautiful and spacious :slight_smile:(and quite a bit of “live” recording going on for the basic tracks at least :slight_smile:

Submotion Orchestra :slight_smile:
(not sure if they are known in USA though?)
Finest%20Hour

1 Like

If you don’t mind me stepping in, I’d recommend “Let’s Get Lost” (soundtrack, or film actually) as a good late period Chet, and “Peace” on Enja as a mid-period Chet, and “Quartet: Chet Baker/Russ Freeman” as earlier Chet.

2 Likes

Jimmy Smith “A Date with Jimmy Smith” (Vols. 1 and 2 on one cd), Fresh Sounds Records cd

10 Likes

Well, I don’t like nailing one’s colours to the mast and I can only go with the albums at my disposal, which you might not like!

The albums I have on vinyl are: Diane, Chet is Back, Chet Baker Quartet, Stan Meets Chet. Chet Baker and Russ Freeman. Quartet.
On CD The Absolute Collection, Chet Baker and Paul Desmond Together, The Lyrical Trumpet Of Chet. Chet Baker and Russ Freeman.

With the majority of music I own I buy and take a chance and seldom am I bitterly disappointed.
Not exactly what you asking me, but I don’t like hardline recommendations - because at the end of the day, it is down to the individual. Just buy them all.:grinning:

4 Likes