What Are You Spinning Right Now? (Mk. 2)

13 Likes

Found this used at a local shop today. Sounds good. Marty Ehrlich on saxophones.

12 Likes

Coming back to this album. Sublime recording. Testing my new dsd sr. Loving it.

11 Likes

11 Likes

14 Likes

10 Likes

7 Likes

Give “I Got the World on a String” a spin, it’s a great cover and Nashville, of the era, well recorded.

1 Like

Sorry y’all ahead of time. I feel a torrent of posts coming.

My lovely bride is staying the night with her Alzheimer’s riddled 91 year old dad at his house. His caretaker needed the weekend off. My father-in-law is a salt of the earth man and just suffered his wife’s suicide attempt one year to the day (she was sick for years with MS - life was bleak). Kind of creepy for my wife. The suicide turned into 2 months of not dead hell. My father-in-law remembers his wife died but not much else about the situation. It’s all pretty sad but part of life. We don’t get to pick.

Anyway, cheers to the sick and departed. That will be all of us one day. In the mean time, music is the gift of the good life.

15 Likes

I think There’s a Riot Goin’ On is coming up…LOUD!

2 Likes

I saw him Nov '88 in Manhattan - at the time I had little idea who he was and Manhattan was quite the experience though I was with a couple guys that grew up in the city so they knew all the ‘backroads’ to take :wink:

I don’t remember the name of the club but it was fairly large and a can of Budweiser was $8

1 Like

If this version of George Lewis’ “Listen to the Mocking Bird” doesn’t fill you with joy…try harder.

3 Likes

Great album

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

One of a dozen of my “while the wife’s away” recordings…LOUD!

5 Likes

5 Likes

A wonderful Wisconsin fall evening. Time to light a fire outside. Shall be taking the Bose speaker along.

10 Likes