What are you spinning right now?

This is another classic Little Feat performance available for free/legal streaming and downloading on Archive[dot]org here.
folder

song introduction (0:20)
Apolitical Blues (3:50)
Got No Shadow (6:37)
Willin’ (3:42)
On Your Way Down (6:27)
Walkin’ All Night (3:24) [// source interruption at end, radio station tag cut]
/band introduction, chat with Lowell (2:39)
Two Trains (3:14)
Fat Man in the Bathtub (4:51)
Sailin’ Shoes (4:06) [// closing applause cut]
tuning (0:17)
Cold, Cold, Cold > (4:27)
Dixie Chicken > (4:46)
Tripe Face Boogie (6:50)
Teenage Nervous Breakdown (3:18)

Lowell George - vocals, slide guitar
Paul Barrere - guitar, vocals
Bill Payne - keyboards
Kenny Gradney - bass
Richie Hayward - drums
Sam Clayton - percussion

1 Like

Any recommendations for Lightnin’ Hopkins. Don’t have any albums by him.

I would recommend any of the Imperial or Prestige recordings, they’re my favorite of his, and very consistently good . . .

Thanks. I’m on Spotify right now and shall start searching.

1 Like

The Complete Aladdin Recordings is well worth checking out, as well.

Spirit debut album

1 Like

You’ve posted several things from Archive and I thought, I’m gonna take a look. Well, I think rabbit hole dot org would be a better name! Unbelievable amount of “stuff” there, not just audio. They have even archived the internet itself! I’m going to have to be careful, could get lost for a long time.

1 Like

Thanks. Shall check them out. Right now foot tapping to “Baby please don’t go”.

1 Like

It would be difficult to overstate the greatness of this curated compilation from A Thousand Highways. With any luck, it might still be available for free download HERE.

Curtis Fuller “Bone & Bari” TOCJ cd

3 Likes

Disc 3 of this great set. 1927 and it sounds better than a lot of modern recordings.

1 Like

This concert kicks @ss! Well worth seeking out on the used/secondary market. (The 2-CD set was originally issued to those who bought the “Trouble No More: The Bootleg Series Vol. 13 / 1979-1981” box set directly from Bob Dylan’s official website.)

1 Like

Favorite compilation ever. Disc 5 cued up.

1 Like

Not at all the sort of music I normally listen to. I found it ‘interesting’. At least parts gave my woofers and sub some much-needed exercise. :slight_smile:

This is on the compilation…he was just electric. It’s a privilege to hear this “new” on a good system.

@amsco15 I have wanted to hear this box set since you start posting it here. Unfortunately, it is not available on TIDAL or Spotify. However, someone created a playlist on Spotify that appears to track closely the box set’s contents. (The playlist contains 83 tracks, whereas the actual box set looks like it has 85 tracks.) I have the playlist cued up and it sounds great so far! Thanks for this and all your excellent suggestions!

Glad you could find it. It’s a perfect combination of the tradition and the relatively current. I like that the music is still alive down there.

Thanks for the complement. I enjoy your posts very much too. I like the wide and deep knowledge here without the “typical” internet bullshit.

EDIT: well there is some internet bullshit here but it’s pretty limited and easy to ignore.

2 Likes

The Sun King medley. I love that one of the funkiest bands in the world pay serious tribute to The Beatles. Easy to forget how deep into the culture The Beatles drove. Love this record!

2 Likes

Right now
Paul Desmond/Gerry Mulligan “Two of a Mind” RCA Bluebird CD

2 Likes

I’ve never posted this and only hint at it in polite company: I LOVE THIS RECORD. Can’t keep sitting…do the escalator…

4 Likes