What are you spinning right now?

Fever all through the night…

2 Likes

A couple of classic R&B singles. Warms my heart with the greatness…

2 Likes

Can’t imagine a better sentiment…love all you posters here!! It’s an amazing group of music lovers. Keep posting. So many internet threads get poisoned, this one is pretty pure.

See y’all next Saturday. Next Friday several us old Air Force friends are getting together for cocktails and killer steaks…to tell old stories. Great people!

2 Likes

Great modern-day surf rock from Barbacoa, the Burlington, Vermont band fronted by guitar maestro Bill Mullins. Available on TIDAL, Spotify, or Bandcamp as a name-your-price download.

Recorded live at the Skowhegan Opera House, Skowhegan, Maine on June 27, 2008. Rocking show and great live concert sound!

Since I took out a subscription to Qobuz I have been using it to search out for novelty, and have largely ignored the music on my NAS. I am currently setting this to rights by listening to some Scarlatti. With a 34 CD set I may not make it to the end!

1 Like

This one again, it sounds really nice.

Brad Allen Williams “Lamar” . . . . Williams is a great player I got to know from Jose James albums. This is a nice organ trio record.

2 Likes

Anders Osborne’s February 23, 2016 performance at the Higher Ground Ballroom in South Burlington, Vermont is one of the best rock concerts I have attended in nearly four decades of live music appreciation. His guitar-playing, singing and songwriting talents are remarkable. This album provides a taste of what he can do, but for the full effect, catch Anders live on tour.

I didn’t go for the “porch crusher” box set the Dead released a few years ago, “30 Trips Around the Sun.” It was too expensive and I wasn’t interested in any of the music past '78. I found someone selling the July 3, 1966 Fillmore Auditorium 2 cd set fairly affordable and bought that. Now playing disc 1. I love these early years, and the Plangent Process sure helps this to sound pretty good. . . .

I’ll see if I can find any of the earlier shows in the box set similarly priced in time. Right now they are a bit too expensive.

1 Like

Now. . . I’m on to disc 13 of the Collector’s Edition of “1965-1966: The Cutting Edge” box set of Bob Dylan masterpieces in the rough. More “Visions of Johanna”–there can never be enough.

1 Like

I cannot argue with a band that covers John Hartford (“Steam Powered Aereoplane”) and David Bromberg (“Danger Man”) on the same album. This is one hearty dose of Leftover Salmon’s “polyethnic Cajun slamgrass” right here!

“The Complete Blue Note Blue Mitchell Sessions 1963-1967” disc 1

1 Like

They don’t make 'em like this anymore … a stone classic.

4 Likes

folder

2 Likes

That is a nice lineup.

1 Like

Yes, and it is even better than it appears on the front cover!

Personnel

Ike Quebec - tenor saxophone, piano (except #8)
Grant Green - guitar
Paul Chambers (tracks 1-7), Sam Jones (#8) - bass
Louis Hayes (#8), Philly Joe Jones (#1-7) - drums
Sonny Clark - piano (#8)

Nice!

Louis Armstrong, “Sparks, Nevada 1964” on Dot Time Records (I have the deluxe “subscription” version). Definitely the best sounding of the releases and spirited playing.

2 Likes

“The Complete Blue Note Donald Byrd/Pepper Adams Studio Sessions” Mosaic Records, disc III

Love this version of “I’m an Old Cowhand”

2 Likes

I’m streaming the TIDAL Masters Blue Note Archives vol. 1 playlist. I’m breaking in my new Roon ROCK core.

1 Like