What are you spinning right now?

Hi, where did you find the high-res digital version? I checked HDTracks, 7Digital and ProStudioMasters and did not see it. Thanks.

“They don’t call me the Texas homewrecker and heartbreaker for nothing!”

2 Likes

TIDAL MQA version. Great album with sublime sonics!

2 Likes

I’ve enjoyed this one a few times this past week or so.

1 Like

Christy Hays - O’ Montana

1 Like

Expanded my Alberto Posadas discography this morning with this disc of ensemble pieces from 2005-2009:

A superb recording from the Gothic Voices:

Donald Byrd “Royal Flush” from “The Complete Blue Note Donald Byrd/Pepper Adams Studio Sessions” Mosaic Records, disc IV

2 Likes

Cream - Wheels of Fire

cream%20wheels%20of%20fire

4 Likes

3 Likes

bootzilla - My wife was at Woodstock and loved Jimi Hendrix. I was listening to Cream last evening and she was working the lyrics… I told her the lead sounded a lot like Jimi and she said: “what do you know”… no he does not… since I am 7 years younger and started my music listening with Led Zepplin… I could not argue…

2 Likes

That is so cool that she stuck around for Hendrix, who was scheduled to perform on Sunday night but didn’t go on until Monday morning. Was she near the stage, and if so, can you spot her in this crowd shot?

1 Like

@bootzilla - yeah - I see her - the 235th row and 254th person from the right… and she did not stick around. Also, she partied with Three Dog Night back in the day. She loved those days. I loved growing up when I grew up… was so cool… my first band was Black Sabbath in the 70s :slight_smile:

My wife said she left early; however, saw Jimi many, many times at college and in concerts - Marymount College (Maryland)

1 Like

Ah, I get it now (when you wrote that your wife was “at Woodstock and loved Jimi Hendrix,” I assumed she loved Hendrix’s actual Woodstock performance). That is awesome that she saw Hendrix in concert elsewhere. I was five when Jimi died and I did not see my first rock concert until I was fifteen, so I missed seeing my primary musical hero in concert by ten years.

1 Like

Jesse Cook - Beyond Borders; amazing Flamingo guitarist!

jesse%20cook

Jesse Cook - One World - Shake - Amazing!

jesse%20cook%2002

@bootzilla - I thought she saw him at Woodstock (assumed) and then I asked to make sure it was factual, that is when she explained all the times she saw him in concert, school… She went to Strayer, back in the day. Being almost a decade apart in age really establishes whet she grew up with. I will be listening to a song and not know the lyrics and she has them spot on. She loved the Beatles, I loved The Rolling Stones… so cool to compare notes, just never got into Hendrix much, different era. Now I have the streaming capabilities, she loves my system and we discuss music a ton more. My music acumen and depth (diversity) has quadrupled in 6 months cause I sit in the music room with my laptop and research music as I’m listening. Streaming has opened a huge musical door and it is amazing… we love to share music now, once you get the technology out of the way. I load 8 hrs of music as she gives me a list (Luddite) and she loves it as much as me… Now the SQ streaming w/ great PSA DS Sr DAC is just amazing. I am now into musical appreciation and content versus massive drama with 2 channel system. As an engineer with advanced EE (DSP) degree; love the technology and all the advancement. Now we can share music together.

2 Likes

Grateful Dead, May 21, 1974 – Hec Edmundson Pavilion, Seattle, Washington from the Pacific Northwest 1973 and 1974 box set.

1 Like

That’s great, I rarely get to share music with my spouse, she just isn’t as into it as I and though we’re just four years apart we like very different music. But that allows music to be “my thing,” my refuge, which is okay too.

1 Like