What are you spinning right now?

I love harpsichord, and am very fond of a chaconne (in all its various spellings!), so this album was a small treat for me. Allessandrini’s own venture into the form sounded atypical, but attractive.

chaconne

A well-played chaconne or passacaglia is great fun. More examples of historical precedents to 12-bar blues, this time starting in the 1600’s.

Everything is more fleshed out with the P20 v the P10. This recording is more delicate and airy. Just the way we audiophiles like it. I wouldn’t call it dramatic but it’s noticeable for sure. The steps up get more expensive and complicated as you go. Given the price I paid, and the value I received from my P10 sale, the P20 is a big win for my system!!

5 Likes

Excellent!

1 Like

folder

There are a number of Moby songs that strike an internal chord for me, in a very good way.

1 Like

Tight electronic

Very mercenary

420 friendly

3 Likes

This 2007 bootleg is an expanded version of the official 1980 Nine to the Universe release. Highly recommended for fans of the 1980 LP.

1 Like

Love this album Solid one.

Track 2 “Yesterdays” is really good. Builds up to around the 4th minute and then grabs you.

2 Likes

"You’d be so nice to come home to " followed by “Concierto”…

2 Likes

I am very happy so far with this four-disc 50th Anniversary Deluxe Edition box set, which was released yesterday. The book is awesome, the home demos are great, the video documentary is entertaining, the Hollywood Bowl concert is fiery (albeit in poor fidelity), and the CD remaster of the Electric Ladyland album is less bad than some of the Amazon reviews make it seem. Apparently, the crown jewel of this set is the 5.1 surround mix on the Blu-ray, but I haven’t spun it, yet.

3 Likes

“Soul lament” followed by “Gee Baby, Ain’t I good to you”

5 Likes

A slight shift…the track "Tima"followed by “Eilat”

Self titled album, title track

Picking up the beat a bit…as I contemplate the first snow of the season and fall leaves still to be raked. Not happening today though…today is a day best left to idle moments and where they may take you :slight_smile:

Track “Shark Attack”

Folder

I love me some SLP05!

1 Like

Desert island album

1 Like