What are you spinning right now?

Thanks for the link. Still active.

1 Like

“Sonny Clark Trio” two cd set on Thompkins Squre (the Time Records trio date). Excellent sound.

1 Like

Recorded live 12/31/98 at The Roxy Theatre, Atlanta, GA.

I am listening to the 29-minute version of Mongo Santamaria’s “Afro-Blue” that closed the show, with these special guests sitting in with the Mule:

Guitar – Jimmy Herring
Organ, Electric Piano [Wurlitzer] – Bernie Worrell
Percussion – Yonrico Scott
Slide Guitar – Derek Trucks
Tenor Saxophone – Randall Bramblett

1 Like

I’ll have to hunt down ‘With a Little Help From Our Friends’

1 Like

Thanks!

Japanese SHM-CD. Mono, January/February 1956

4 Likes

It would be difficult to overstate how bad@ss this album is . . . They don’t call Neil Young the “Godfather of Grunge” for nothing!

4 Likes

I’ve been Snowmassed!

5 Likes

This disc is a self-described “EP” but at almost 40 minutes it is arguably a full-on album. And what makes it essential IMO is the 17.5-minute version of “My Favorite Things.” Duane Allman was influenced by John Coltrane, and Derek Trucks is, as well. Nowhere is that influence more apparent than on “My Favorite Things” from “Already Live.” The playing is spectacular and the sound is mesmerizing.

1 Like

This one again. . . helps me assess some system changes and also is just a wonderful listen.

Flora Purim “500 Miles High” Milestone OJC cd.

3 Likes

No Duane Allman on this D&tD set, which was recorded at NYC’s Fillmore East in October 1970, but it still SMOKES.

1 Like

I marvel at the sound they squeezed out of these 1927-1928 era recordings!

1 Like

Duke Ellington “Blues in Orbit” SACD Analogue Productions

An album that grows on me year by year.

3 Likes

Still love the Ken Burns CDs.

2 Likes

Sticking with it…

2 Likes

Bob Dylan “Tell Tale Signs” (Bootleg Series Vol.8) Japanese version, disc 1

I love this set. It’s responsible for a resurging interest in Dylan in my household that has been maintained ever since.

2 Likes

Disc 1. What a career!

1 Like

Blues Night on Snowmass

3 Likes

I bought the CD after seeing it posted on this forum. Thanks for the recommendation…it’s quite good!!!

Recorded in Brooklyn, February 2016 on Whirlwind Recordings

Rez Abbasi – guitar

Rudresh Mahanthappa, alto sax

Vijay Iyer, piano

Johannes Weidenmueller, bass

Dan Weiss, drums

Elizabeth Mikhael, cello

2 Likes

RIP Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee. I read that he passed away today at 95 and thought immediately of this iconic album cover, which is based on the Marvel superhero, the Silver Surfer.