What are you spinning right now?

Charles Mingus “Mingus at Antibes” Warner Japan cd

4 Likes

The atmosphere of the place sounds just what I like. I have a clear mental image of what I believe it would look like inside.

2 Likes

Downloaded this from Nugs, caught the Black Friday 50% sale. Pretty decent sound quality, but even better show with lots of special guests leading to many never before played songs by SCI.

1 Like

Oh yes, it’s an awesome atmosphere … very informal yet reverent toward the music and musicians. The night I saw Wynton perform at Smoke, he was hanging out mingling with the small crowd between sets. I spoke with him for five minutes or so. I recall mentioning how much I enjoy the seven-CD “Live at the Village Vanguard” box set.

1 Like

1 Like

Miles Davis “Miles in the Sky” Columbia cd. I’m listening to the “remixed” album for the first time in a long while.

1 Like

Lovin’ the 9 min 50 ways to leave your lover cover

3 Likes

2 Likes

This is some tasty live free jazz improvisation . . . it sounds kind of like the album cover looks: Out There!

1 Like

Some solid R&B

1 Like

Cassandra Wilson “After the Beginning Again”

1 Like

Arguably one of the best live rock albums of all time . . .

4 Likes

Certainly one of the greatest opening guitar solos (or duets).

1 Like

03%20AM

1 Like

Marianna Martines (1744-1812)

Perfect rainy day music

Miles Davis “Filles De Kilimanjaro” Sony CD

Been too long. . . decided to listen to the Sony cd rather than the Mobile Fidelity SACD I have been listening to since it was released.

4 Likes

How do the two, MFSL and Sony, compare?

The MFSL is the original mix and the Sony seems remixed. That’s the biggest difference.

I listened to a copy of different recordings Starker did of the Bach Suites for Solo 'Cello. I hear nothing untoward. One can hear his breathing and his left hand on the fingerboard at times, but for me this makes the recording more real.