Which Cover Album are You Spinning Right Now?

Happy birthday!

1 Like

Many happy returns!

1 Like

Happy Birthday! Keep on Spinning!

1 Like

Those who like cellos and Led Zepp have to hear this one !!

1 Like

Thanks, just checked it out, that is very creative and too funny!

2 Likes

That “Fudge Sandwich” album contains what has to be the slowest cover version ever of “Low Rider” as well as the fastest cover version ever of “St. Stephen.” Both covers are wild. I am guessing Ty Segall is heavily influenced by The Residents. . . .

. . . And speaking of The Residents, anyone interested in freaky cover versions of popular tunes might want to check out this recent Residents compilation. It contains crazy covers of James Brown (“It’s a Man’s Man’s Man’s World” and “I’ll Go Crazy”), the Rolling Stones (“Satisfaction”), and Hank Williams (“Kaw-Liga,” “Six More Miles,” and my personal favorite, “Jambalaya”). There are also off-the-wall covers of such well-known tunes as “Don’t Be Cruel,” “Jailhouse Rock,” “Yummy Yummy Yummy,” “Hit the Road Jack,” “96 Tears,” and “Daydream Believer,” among others.

If you find the album cover artwork disturbing (I do!), check out the version of “Satisfaction” contained within . . . the album artwork doesn’t seem that warped by comparison!

Metallica covers Lynyrd Skynyrd (“Tuesday’s Gone”) and Bob Seger (“Turn the Page”)? That is crazy!

Thanks, @lonson and @amsco15, for the shout-outs on this very cool Bill Withers tribute album in the “What are you spinning right now?” thread!

2 Likes

You’re welcome. I had my doubts, even though I’m a big Jose James fan, but it won me over.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip on this one in the main music thread, @lonson!

2 Likes

34%20PM

Creed originals and some great covers

1 Like

Funk #49

1 Like

Well, that there’s a right sexy cover of a cover album, pard*. Whether you like gear or gals.

*(I’m going to be one of those annoying Midwesterners who moves 1,000 miles West and starts in to talkin’ like some kinda dang Hybrid Cowboy.

Hey… there’s a cover song in there…”Like a Hy-brid Cow-boy, Riding out on a horse in a star-spangled rodeo…” :roll_eyes::laughing:

1 Like