Which Cover Album are You Spinning Right Now?

Amen. It’s a fantastic collection that Emmylou was heavily involved with. Lots of heavy hitters on here…Sheryl Crow. Christie Hynde. Wilco. Elvis Costello. It’s so good.

1 Like

I got it when it came out years and years ago. Apple Music seems to have it still. DM me if you want to know more.

Dang - that looks good. Bummed it isn’t on Qobuz or Tidal. Going to check Amazon.

Got one for $10 shipped. Allegedly clean : )

1 Like

Jest mosey’d out to the mailbox, Pard, and there it was. Gram and George. It’s a Beautiful Thing. Thanks!

Oh, Man! The Whole Thing is gettin’ me where I Live, but the Wilco and Ryan Adams tunes playing at me from nearly 20 years ago?

Really cool when someone tells you about something, and you’re ready for it ; )

Now, I’m thinking a Bucket List Thing needs to be getting a Custom Suit made and Embroidered with Whatever it is That Is Meaningful To Me Now : )

2 Likes

So glad you got it. That album was bought when I was in Texas on TDY solely for the Cowboy Junkies track. From there, I discovered Gram, Wilco, Gillian Welch, and Emmylou. Add in that Mavericks track (a friend turned me on to them in college because we went to school in Miami and they were a local band) and that David Crosby track…yeah. It’s basically a perfect cover album.

I’ve wanted a Nudie Suit from the day I opened that CD. And Wilco had them too later. I STILL want a Nudie Suit. My beautiful bride, however, remains skeptical. Someday. And when I do? I WILL WEAR IT TO WORK. AND TO CHURCH.

Glad to be able to turn you on to a great collection. Enjoy and Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

The Key, it seems to me, is getting a suit that yore Gal wants to show you off in Public in. ; )

1 Like

George who? I think that is Nudie Cohn on the left in the picture you posted. . . .

https://selvedgeyard.com/2009/12/22/nudie-cohn-rhinestone-cowboy/

1 Like

SO right! I thought it was George. Not!

1 Like

I’m not showable anyhow so…

Nudie is the BEST.

1 Like

35%20PM

Haven’t listened to it yet…all covers.

1 Like

1 Like

Job well done :slightly_smiling_face:

C796DCA2-9963-44FB-87CF-4B5E60702935

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

Shawn Colvin’s live version of Bob Dylan’s “You’re Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go,” which is the last track on Cover GIrl, is something special, I think (and not just because it reminds me of a crazy ex-girlfriend).

1 Like

Not a cover album per se, but it includes a great version of Lynyrd Skynyrd’s “Every Mother’s Son” (perhaps the only time a Skynyrd tune was performed at the punk rock mecca that was CBGB!).

1 Like