Which HDMI cable are you getting for your new PerfectWave SACD Transport?

Tried Supra HDMI and a OneConvey 8k HDMI (which is about $15). I have a RAL coming out of my Matrix, but I am not convinced HDMI cables are all that important at the moment.

1 Like

I guess this answers my question:

My thought is for $13.50 why not try it and let us know what you discover. Unless you were really hoping to find a great cable for under ten bucks.

Is Harmonic Technology still up and running? They’re in San Diego, just a couple doors down from my office that I no longer go to, but their ‘about us’ and ‘dealers’ page are 404. Could just be a website oversight but I’m curious if you know of any online authorized dealers.

Just tried both pages you referenced and connected with no problem.

I ordered mine from The Cable Company. And they were shipped direct . . . From Taiwan.

http://harmonictech.com/dealers/north-america-dealers

This one too? Can you copy and paste any internet dealers for North America for me?

Ah, I was clicking on the map for North America, this fails with 404, but if I select North America is loads without issue. Website blunder.

I got mine from The Cable Co.

Good. Glad you were able to find what you needed. :slight_smile:

Is everyone finding that a $1000 - $3000 HDMI cable is really worth the money over a $500 cable? (I’m thinking AQ Firebird48 vs. a Kimber Kable HD29, for example.)

I was using the Kimber HD29 before. The free HDMI cable that came with my DMP was better. The WW Platinum blew that cable away. Much better resolution and clarity. The RAL HDMI took it a step further and cost less. If you can afford the waiting time, this is the best value HDMI cable.

1 Like

No I don’t think it’s necessary. RAL $799. I know I can get an AQ Firebird under $1000. Don’t pay MSRP! Negotiate with sellers of high end products. I get my Audioquest products thru the Music Room and always get the best price from Nick Lucini. I believe my last price for a Firebird was around $930 for .75m. Firebird came out right after I received the AQ Diamond. I didn’t feel necessary to pay around $250 more to upgrade with my current set up. If I had the PST no brainer in my opinion Firebird or Dragon! You get 60 days if you don’t like send back and get refunded get something else. I’m very tempted by the RAL also. Good luck and enjoy!

1 Like

Someone whose opinion I trust told me that the Wireworld Silver Sphere is excellent. $250. list price.

4 Likes

While waiting for the Firebird48 to come out in Canada I’ve been using the Kimber HD29 and my experience has been the reverse of yours. The HD29 easily beat the cable that came with the DMP. I’m going to audition the Firebird48 next as soon as it’s available, and then I’ll stop looking.

One of Al’s old Wireworld Platinum 7 cables…using a RAL out of the Matrix. Love them both and haven’t wasted much time A/B-ing, but might.

1 Like

You might be right on that one. It was so long ago. The cable that came with the DMP was 0.5m and I replaced it with a 1.5m Kimber HD29. The DMP cable was clear and sharp sounding, but the Kimber was a little more refined. My brother brought over his WW Silver S7 and that sounded very close to the Kimber. Could hardly tell the difference. It was the WW Platinum S7 that took it to another level. The RAL has even higher clarity than the WW.

I am waiting for my AQ Firebird, it takes a month to get it. At the meantime I have been using a AQ Coffee HDMI. It is an excellent sounding cable and it’s a good match for PST and DS. I cannot wait to compare the two. Maybe I will sell my Coffee soon.

Looking forward to your review on the AQ Firebird HDMI. This cable looks promising. Maybe it can outperform the RAL HDMI and be my next cable to get.

1 Like

I should get my AQ Fire by the end of month. However, AQ cables take a long time to break in. My AQ RH speaker cables took over 3 months before it sounded great. Hopefully someone has the Fire HDMI can provide some reviews first.

1 Like

While we’re waiting and I know this is a little absurd but do you have the stock PSA HDMI cable to compare with your Coffee?