Recommend HDMI cable using the new PST

New to forum, looking for recommendations using the pw direct stream dac and the new pst. Thanks

Though they’re a bit hard to get because they’re so new, the new Audioquest 48 series are really good. Paul and Darren got to try a few out and they were very impressed when using them with the new PST.

1 Like

Maybe Amazon is not your preferred provider but it looks like they have some of the Audioquest 48 HDMI cables in stock:

1 Like

Wireworld Platinum 7

2 Likes

Previous version, deeply discounted AQ Vodka. Prefer it over stock PS Audio cable.

1 Like

I’m using AQ Vodka currently on my Oppo transport. I also have AQ Diamond on my Matrix Spdif. I ordered a RAL I2S HDMI which is very popular with forum members but I’m still waiting for it.
If you want new AQ HDMI try the Music Room they always get me the best price!

1 Like

Check out the HDMI topics here and the deep dive indicates the RAL air dielectric cable at around $700. I had the WWPL7, loved it, and thought I was done, but the cable cognoscenti here (Al, Ron, etc.) got me to try it. No regrets. There has been mixed reviews on availability, however, as it is a one guy operation.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, I will look into the RAL’s

1 Like

My .75m RAL HDMI was $540

Nordost Valhalla 2 4K UHD. Great Resolution, not separating any Frequency Range with deep Insights in Music, Structure and Dynamics. In my Setup WW7 sounded a little thin, cold or “glary” compared to Nordost Heimdal 2. In respect, Heimdal 2 is less resoluted and reduced compared to Valhalla 2. Valhalla’s Sound is full bodied and natural …

1 Like

Being retired and on a fixed income, I tried the Monoprice 8K No Logo Ultra High Speed HDMI Cable, 48Gbps. Inexpensive and it is giving me great results.

1 Like

Just ordered the RAL HDMI thanks for the suggestion Paul

1 Like

No problem. I haven’t heard it personally but several members swear by it. Hopefully it comes soon! Enjoy!

Frank, do you have a matrix, and if so, have you tried your Valhalla with it?

I wonder what the big deal is on different high end HDMI cables.

If these have such a big influence on Sound Quality the entire concept of separate transports and DAC‘s is wrong.

Cables never add to the quality, you pay a lot of money to limit the loss of quality.

2 Likes

Hello Philippe,
not yet. I just tried with DMP and later with PST, both connected to DS Sr. …

1 Like

Hi Frank, thank you for mentioning the Valhalla. I have one on trial on my PST, and it sounds very promising. It would be replacing a ww platinum. More break in is needed first, to be continued.

1 Like

… great to hear. Give it some hours to settle in. What are the differences to WW Platinum in your opinion ? Really interesting to get your feedback. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

How long does it take to break in, in your experience ?

Hello Philippe,
fluidity is increasing after round about 10 hours of using it. The stability was there from the beginning, in my opinion …

1 Like