Which Power Amp for a pair of Focal Aria 926

I have a nice pair of Focal Aria 926 speakers - very nice. Max wattage 250W.

I can talk myself into any of the 4 PS Audio options to pair with a Directstream DAC that I’m going to buy as soon as they get MQA streaming sorted out with Roon.

I would say its for a medium size room - def not a small room.

I have a feeling I’m going to get a wide range of responses here.

Thanks in advance,

David

Hi David

why torment yourself, do what I did - purchase the whole PS Audio stack , P10, BHK-pre, DSD, DMP, S300s, Connect it all with Belden Iconoclast cables and be done with it - Your speakers will thank you for it.

PSVANE TC1 - KT88 2x35 watt - It plays almost as good as my PS audio BHK 250 but costs only 600 dollars without tubs.

20265042_10214745492977329_5728667609091537708_n.jpg

http://en.psvane.com/info-11-29.html

I suggest a solid state amp as the speaker’s impedance is below 4 ohms from the upper bass though the lower midrange. As music has a great deal of energy in this range, an amp which can deliver current into this load, and with a low output impedance to not influence frequency response, would be best. The speaker is fairly efficient however so one does not need a lot of power.

The PS Audio amps would work superbly, as well as many other SS amps. I would avoid tubes with these speakers.

The PSvane drives far the most speakers better than my PS audio BHK 250 and the speakers are no problem. It’s not a long time since I heard that speaker with a vitus audio 100 watts amplifier. It was actually a nice sound.

[Michael, I edited this post to remove personal attacks and have deleted a number of your other posts which contain only attacks on other members. Sadly, you keep replacing them. Please stop replacing deleted posts and stop attacking others.]

Michael, your point to Elk has been made … no need to keep refreshing it by editing the post each day.

I am, sadly, closing this thread. There has been no activity for a good while other than Michael’s repeated attacks, threats, obscenities - all of which I have deleted.

OP, I hope you received some helpful opinions. I actively encourage you to start another thread if you have anything further you would like to discuss.