Who has the oldest PS Audio gear here?

I like things that last and, in general, always appreciate something that has withstood the test of time.

Anybody have an old PS Audio bit of kit they are proud of? My own stuff is current.

Cheers!

Wellā€¦.I had a PSA 200C amp from 1986ā€¦.and a few years ago on a tour of PSA (I live in Boulder), I asked about a re-cap jobā€¦ā€¦and they said, uh, we canā€™t source those caps/parts anymore. So, I traded it for a pair of Stellar 700sā€¦ā€¦then upgraded to 1200sā€¦.then on to my current BHK250. Now Iā€™m a full kit PSA guy with a new DS Mk2 in beta.

5 Likes

I would guess @Paul has the oldest PS Audio gear.

1 Like

Probably, but thatā€™s not really where I was hoping to go with this thread. More of a userā€™s perspectiveā€¦and just for fun. Most users here seem to be cutting edge with their hifi, versus antique ā€œdonā€™t make ā€˜em like they used toā€ types.

I was trying to be funny. I thought it was a good guess tho. I used to have the PS Audio Ultimate outlet back in the late 90ā€™s.

3 Likes

I still have a 4.5 preamp circa '85 that may have been upgraded to a 4.6. It was so long ago I donā€™t recall. It sounded great feeding my Adcom GFA-555 and MK S-1B/V-1B speakers. The only thing I donā€™t own any more is the Adcom. The MKā€™s are still in my home theater today.

2 Likes

I have a ton of current stuff but also an Elite Plus integrated. Dates from, I think, the early 80ā€™s? Works absolutely perfectly and still sounds great!

1 Like

Although I sold it many moons ago, my first high end silver disc transport was the PS Audio Lambda. In fact, that was the first PSA product I owned period. When Paul and Co. boast they were at the leading edge of high-performance digital product offerings, they arenā€™t bluffing.

1 Like

Iā€™m not in the running for the oldest product. My first was the P300 which I pre-ordered before it was released and still have, though I think it needs a power switch replacement, itā€™s not in use. But it started a ā€œhabitā€ . . . .

1 Like

I was also an early P300 purchaser (although not quite as early as Lonson; I was pre-Stereophile review though). It still works but is boxed up in the basement. Maybe Iā€™ll use it for trade-in some day, but it would be tough to let go. It was a great piece of kit.

2 Likes

Should be The Poobah Grande, The Chief, The Big Kahuna, the guy who started all this. No?

Still use mine in one system. Still tucked behind a bookcase. Been running strong since the late 90ā€™s. I actually had forgotten about it until I read your post.

1 Like

Impressive work life for this unit!

PSA headquarters has a nice PS Gear Museumā€¦.I think Terri manages it. It used to be in entry area in the old building. In the new/current building itā€™s on a wall of the upstairs sales/support area. A few years ago they were mildly interested in my old PSA 200C amp for the museum.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been there, but donā€™t recall it well. Itā€™s funny, when I went to PSA, I was a very new customer and picking up a purchase. Itā€™s a dope place! Met Paul, and the hole 9 yards pre-pandemic. He gave me a signed copy!

1 Like