Who's going to Axpona? Any interest in a PS Audio Forum meet-up?

I will be there, driving in Friday morning. I bought the 3-day ticket when they first went on sale, then started to think “why am I tempting myself with stuff I can’t buy?” “Because, that’s what we do!” I keep telling myself …

Last year I thought Friday afternoon was much more crowded than previous shows. I chalked that up to excitement of the first show in three years. Saturday was actually not as bad as previous years, but I would still call it crowded. Will be interesting to see how this year pans out. I recall seeing something that very few rooms were available for regular attendees to stay in, inferring lots of show rooms … or something else is going on the same weekend. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

1 Like

I wonder how much the PSA club will spend

Fantastic list of exhibitors, looking forward to the first-hand accounts

1 Like

The credit card always stays in the wallet at audio shows. I could empty my bank account and spend my entire retirement savings in the first hour.
Takes discipline I can ya.

3 Likes

Just added you to the PM group.

Would one of you please add @umiami91 to the PM? The forum won’t let me add more then one person every 40 minutes.

Thanks!

Done!

1 Like

Okay, looking at flights and hotels now.

1 Like

I’m planning to attend.

Just added kerosene, pmotz, and VanMyster to the PM.

@vee was at Axpona last year also. He was working in the Aries-Cerat/Inakustik room. I believe it was worldwide distribution? I’m probably wrong maybe @aangen remembers

I would love to meet Vee!

1 Like

We met him last year! :rofl:

1 Like

Missed that room, Aries-Ceratt, last year, and afterwards was informed it was one of the show’s high points, the other being MBL

I can’t go! Have wife’s niece’s wedding in Baltimore. Argh.

Only reason I’m going is as emotional support animal for my wife to handle her evil relatives. Oh well, the sacrifices one makes for the greater good…

5 Likes

This is strictly my opinion and not meant to offend anyone but the Aries Cerratt speakers were very ugly IMO the sound was surprisingly good! The gentleman who had the room is the guy who sells and imports the Inakustik cables. He was very nice and knowledgeable. @vee was also in that room.

1 Like

Yup, butt ugly, no argument. Apparently the cat’s meow sonically. Pricey as well.

1 Like

I don’t recall hearing those last year (I looked up a photo of them to make sure), but even if I did there is something about horn speakers that doesn’t agree with me. It doesn’t help that a lot of horn speakers at shows are way too big for me to even consider.

Small room. Not sure if the speaker is a one off, as their website does not show it.

Aires-Cerat

Aurora Reference

1 Like

I’ve stopped attending those weddings. My cynicism about marriage and divorce makes the entire process less meaningful. Especially for younger marriages. Sixty percent of couples married between the age of 20 -25 end in divorce. I’d rather they all just elope or have a small backyard marriage vs dragging us through the theater of marriage.

3 Likes

That one doesn’t look familiar at all. There was another on the home page of the website, the Contendo, that was a little less bizarre looking that I could have seen and forgotten, the Aurora doesn’t fit that description.

1 Like