World Cup 2022

These games have been great. Spain out! Unreal.

1 Like

Amazing to see Ronaldo dropped from the starting XI and then Portugal power through to the quarter finals. They seemed to have some real verve to them in this round.

If they can bottle that form, it might be a Portugal v France semi?

1 Like

Glad I’m not a betting man. I would have lost my shirt by now attempting to predict the WC. No way I would have predicted Spain and Germany would be so quickly dispatched. Even if I were a betting man, think I would keep my cash rather than give it to the bookies betting on a winner in the England-France, Morocco-Portugal matches.

One thing I am sure of, this year’s WC should be a wake-up call to the traditional powerhouses the rest of the world is catching up fast. Asia, Africa and North America aren’t sitting on their hands.

3 Likes

OMG! What a match, Brazil v. Croatia. Riveting, exciting, rooting for the underdog. Go Croatia!

2 Likes

Brazil is OUT! The wildest shootout win for Croatia I have ever seen.

1 Like

Bye bye Brazil, yes, there is a Santa Claus!

1 Like

I just looked up the 2018 results: France 4 , Croatia 2. It is possible to have the same countries in the final again.
I tnink that Croatia v Morocco would be interesting just for being unexpected.

1 Like

What an amazing night of football! So Croatia just soaked up Brazil. Amazing goal from Neymar but then it was cancelled out late.

Netherlands v Argentina was amazing, goal in the last minute of extra time.

Yes, it could be a France v Croatia final.

One the one side of the draw you’ve got England v France, and Morocco v Portugal to get into a semi, and they’ll face the winner of Argentina v Croatia in the final.

Bye bye Ronaldo.

2 Likes

To “rosicare” is an infinite verb to express in italian a mix of envy, anger, resignation for something lost, gone away, you are/have not anymore even if you were a step from getting, while now you have to look at others able to be/have and you… not!

I’m looking at my people, all of us Italians, really “rosicare” during last weeks.

On the buses, at the bars, nobody is talking about soccer… really incredible! It seems this sport doesn’t exist here! Just a few newspapers are publishing something at the risk of loosing readers. Until yesterday we were eating soccer, breathing soccer, dreaming soccer everyday.

While the rest of the world is laughing out loud we are whispering: “oh how we are rosicando mmm mmm!”

And life goes on! More time for music (my personal way of “rosicare” by myself). Soon the World Cup will end and we will come back to our normality.

Good luck finalists!

4 Likes

It is just unthinkable to me that there could be a World Cup without Italy. Good grief.

1 Like

The Times They Are A-Changin’

What next, Japan beating Germany?

1 Like

Germany lost to South Korea in 2018 WC and Germany destroyed Brazil 7-1 in 2014. WC without Brazil qualifying will be a revolution but unlikely.

France v Morocco?

1 Like

And it’s time for the final!!

Wow! Terrific first half by Argentina, they were in complete control. France, incredible in the second half to bring it back. 3-2 to France in extra time?

Time to put on another pot of coffee :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s been so very good!

2 Likes

That’s why we love this sport! For those like me who played in a far younger era, running towards a ball under a rainstorm on a full water and cold devastated ground… our dream was to live exactly what we are watching now on tv.

4 Likes

This is as exciting a World Cup final as I have ever watched, and I don’t watch many. 3-3 tie! I don’t like penalty shootouts.

2 Likes

Barnburner in progress. Stay tuned football fans. Wow.

1 Like