Your most replayed album

I’ll start

7 Likes

oh man, there are a few i play embarrassingly frequently… Aja, KOB, Somethin’ Else, Here Comes the Groom (by John Wesley Harding), Waiting for Columbus, Dancing in the Dragon’s Jaws, etc… but the one I’m pretty sure I play the most:

8 Likes

It’s likely also an Evan’s album for me - Waltz for Debby. Though my Sunday morning go to is Horowitz in Moscow.

3 Likes

Yes, Waltz For Debby is up there for sure.

4 Likes

Great thread idea, and all of the above are contenders. For me this one comes to mind, tomorrow who knows.

1 Like

I’ve played this album many, many times since adding it to my collection in 2020.

3 Likes

I can see this thread substantially expanding my record collection.

5 Likes

The notion of “most replayed” assures recordings that remain in my collection since the early seventies. That said there is no ONE most replayed, even within a specific genre or sub-genre. A few immediately came to mind that I’d prefer not returning to, Pink Floyd, and Super Tramp. WIthin the jazz category it would be John Klemmer, Chase and Maynard Ferguson.

Regarding The Grateful Dead replays that I continue to eagerly return to it was a close call, the above being IT as it is significantly different from that which preceded it. The other contender is the wonderful tripped out:

2 Likes

Speaking of ties there are these three with the above barely nudging out the other two.

3 Likes

There are quite a few that I often play, but I’d hazardous guess that Blue Rodeo’s album, Five Days in May, is the album that has gotten the most play time. I never seem to tire of it, especially the first 3 tracks.

Regarding the King of Prog, the Crimson takes the lead by a mile. Of the three listed, I confess to following Dirk’s lead, having four turntables, let’s just say a simultaneous spin of the three isn’t out of question.

3 Likes

Being from the Chicago area these three gentleman have seen considerable time on various turntables, rightly so IMO. Having played local Chicago taverns I have personally met each in the '70s. Heavy rotation noted below:

2 Likes

My apologies if I have spoiled the notion of just the ONE most replayed. There is too much good music in my collection to abide.

Don’t get me started on Chicago oriented creative music.

3 Likes

Wow, this is hard, mainly because interests, if not tastes, develop and change over time. Plus, I don’t think I could identify a single most-played record in my whole collection. So, like @weedeewop, here’s a shot at my historically constant “heavy rotation” list, from the non-classical side. These are pulled out regularly for play, and they will continue to be played until I die:

Bruce Cockburn - all records from Sunwheel Dance through The Charity of Night
Crosby, Stills & Nash (& Young) - debut album and Deja Vu
Stephen Stills - Stephen Stills
Neil Young - Harvest
David Grisman Quintet - David Grisman Quintet (featuring Tony Rice)
JD Crowe & The New South - JD Crowe & The New South (featuring Tony Rice and Ricky Skaggs)
Toad the Wet Sprocket - Dulcinea and Coil
Guster - Lost and Gone Forever, Keep It Together, Ganging Up on the Sun
Pat Metheny Group - Pat Metheny Group, American Garage, Still Life Talking
Grisman, Pedersen, Gill, etc - Here Today
The Beatles - most of the catalog, but especially A Hard Days Night, Help!, Rubber Soul, Revolver and Abbey Road

That may sound like a lot of records for repeated plays, but keep in mind it covers almost 60 years of listening.

I’ll have to give the classical collection some thought…

6 Likes

Without a doubt it’s Abbey Road when I make any significant changes to my system it’s the last album before the change the first after the change.
IMG_4427

These other titles from other genres also get lots of play. I know them so well I hear any changes easily. That and I can listen to them over and over.

IMG_4428

No comment on the Brubeck Al!

6 Likes

It’s either

Or

Or

Honestly not sure which!

4 Likes

Easy… There’s two of them.

Thanks to my oldest brother and these two albums (specifically the first song on both), this is what got me serious about audio equipment at such a young age.

2 Likes

Been spinning this on the regular lately

3 Likes

Me and my Arrow
Straighter than narrow…

Everyone knows, it’s me and my arrow…

1 Like