$1,000,000 'stereo'

a sad story

2 Likes

there was a YT vid a couple of years back on it, too.

3 Likes

Paywall…

1 Like

I’m pretty sure this system got mention on one of our other community threads. Vapid a criticism as I’ll admit this is, I couldn’t get past the boorish furnishings of the room. My sense of aesthetics is an unavoidable part of the experience for me. Just not to my taste to the point I wouldn’t want to sit in the room at all not matter how good the rig is. My two cents, which is pretty much what my reaction is worth.

1 Like

Try this “gift” link:

2 Likes

Nice. No paywall. Still pretty much the same vid and commentary I saw a few years ago (as terzinator points out).

Yes, nothing new here.

1 Like

What’s missing from the back of the equipment is like eight P20’s. At least.

yes, nothing new other than a long article today, Jan 13, 2024, in The Washington Post about one man’s hifi system and his tragedy…and introduction to countless readers about our passion

shameful criticism

How pathetic

1 Like

Agreed. Kind of a hit job.

Too bad.

Thank you.

1 Like

wasn’t referring to anything in the article

@akro thanks for posting this. I had watched the documentary but didn’t know about the room and gear’s future.

I agree it’s a a sad story.

I don’t disagree… except I tend to listen with my eyes closed and/or the lights off :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The grandfather clock tweak is new to me. I see 3 in the video. Wonder if four helps get the timing of the system just right? :rofl: :joy:

2 Likes

Ken’s story is just another version of the many guises that human obsessions can assume, nothing unique there. The author’s spin on Ken’s obsession as destructive of family relationships isn’t a particularly brilliant insight. Seems like half the parents (or grandparents) I’ve known have risked alienating their children by assuming their offspring share their interests. The 10-15% sales return on Ken’s financial outlay is a sobering reminder on how little residual value there is in a lot of ultra high end gear.

2 Likes