1.25 firmware upgrade for P15

It’s still not clear to me why you want to roll back from a firmware that fixed a meter display issue.

He believes he is seeing a power meter scaling issue with his P15 running 1.25, and remembers 1.23 as more precise.

Something is not right somewhere if an owner wants to roll back from a current firmware.

@Brodric Do you read my post? Do you see the pictures?
Can you write something useful for us?
Thanks

Yes. The 1.25 firmware update should have fixed all the issues. If it hasn’t, you need to tell them what is not working properly. They will try and replicate at their end, and if confirmed, fix it better.

1 Like

If you review the thread you will note he is already communicating with @jamesh of PS Audio and he has responded.

Exactly right. The director and chief engineer are very much so aware of this now, and are looking into it.

1 Like

@jamesh and @Elk Thank you guys to be here on this topic, taking care of my questions :wink:
Unfortunately @Brodric writes a lot without reading the topic with the proper attention

2 Likes

What? I answered every aspect of your question in full.

Let me help you out with English on this one. The question you should have asked, so to be clear from the outset was, “the digital readout of 286W does not match the analog meter 375W, why so?” Instead of waffling along as you did.

1 Like

The answer provided by @jamesh didn’t address the crux of the issue.

Instead of just saying " yes, reinstalling 1.23 shouldn’t be a problem at all" the better answer would have been “it looks like you may have identified a bug in the software, thanks for bringing this to our attention, the Director of Engineering has been advised and is looking into it. Sorry we didn’t put out release notes on 1.25 as promised, in future we will endeavor to do so. In the meantime, yes, you can roll back to 1.23”.

1 Like

You are getting more and more active, Dirk!

When will you be posting again?

I’ve got a hunch he’s been too busy in the DIY home audio repair business.

He apparently has plenty of time on his hands; @dirk has been hanging around continuously since he stopped posting. My hope is he will start being more directly active soon.

He’s been keeping his powder dry, and hopefully there will be a final satisfactory outcome soon.