2020's almost over

… it certainly isn’t as it replaced a GS108. It also weighs twice as much, so it must be better.

2 Likes

I like a bit of heft in a network switch :smiley:

1 Like

Are we now talking British Rail timetables? They seem to have sorted Brexit. It’s the time of year that BR (or Network Rail, or whatever they’re called these days) switch all the train times and they all congregate somewhere north of Birmingham for a week or two whilst they try and sort it all out.

more concerned for the royal mail at the moment - early shifts shouldn’t be ending at 11pm!

According to my discussion today with Futureshop, the Royal Mail has largely ceased to function. Give it a few weeks.

@stevensegal I picked one up because of your experience with the switch. It should be here in a week.

Something I couldn’t find is – what kind of power supply/adapter is hooked up to it?

It comes with a low noise SMPS. Some chap on Roon Labs Community posted something today saying it’s useless. Good luck to him. Lots of people like it and it’s the best seller at my accessories supplier. They can’t get enough of them.

Thanks.

It’s interesting. I’d say I’ve noticed many minute differences caused by equipment, with ease, since switching to the Stenheims. Prior to this, I’d strain a little harder to justify a change and in some cases, heard nothing. I’m now revisiting some of my experiments and findings.

There seems to be a feeling that Roon messes with sound quality a bit, I can’t say I’ve noticed, but I was looking as there were rumours about a Roon 1.8 or 2.0. Nothing yet. Innuos have told me that Roon is not in their opinion the best thing on the planet and have their own uPnP app/play software in the works. Things to look forward to in 2021.

Audio is a rather odd interest and throwing a few $ at a switch is excusable, even if it is snake oil. Who knows. You live and learn.

Enjoy.

1 Like

Hear hear.