A new turntable from . . . Naim?

Indeed. For a mere $20k USD, the Naim Solstice Special Edition can be yours!

More information here: Solstice | Naim Audio and first impressions here: https://www.whathifi.com/us/reviews/naim-solstice-special-edition

In fairness, it looks to be well done, and less expensive than I’d have thought, given how much the Statement amps and 500 series are.

1 Like

It does look lovely and being Naim I’m sure will perform extremely well. Not so sure about the price tag though :open_mouth:

Solstice happens on June 22nd. Tomorrow is the longest day in the northern hemisphere. Bigger fish = bigger risk. I had product reliability issues with this brand before. I would think twice before buying from them.

Even if I had the money, I wouldn’t by it.

The esthetic design team dropped the ball on this table big time…:grimacing:

1 Like

Yeah, that is not an attractive item…

1 Like

They say beauty is in the eye of the beholder and to my eyes Naim has never been a marque that one purchases for its visual aesthetics. The turntable design looks pretty much in keeping with the boxy retro design of the rest of their line up. I was a bit surprised to learn that Clearaudio actually manufactures the deck for Naim as it looks quite different from the usual Clearaudio design.

1 Like

I share your opinion on the Naim aesthetic, with one exception.

This:

I could definitely live with this. I dig it. And it appears to be just wonderfully over-built.

Cheers.

Like the new Luxman Integrated amplifier, I hate limited edition campaigns.

Ridiculous to put buying pressure of limited editions on customers. Equipment in this price range is limited enough by the fact that only a happy few can afford it.

I would buy based on the SQ and looks, not because I need a collectors item.

1 Like

Ha - you just need $270k USD (plus any applicable sales tax . . . ).

1 Like

The worse being limited editions unumbered :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Yes, which makes the statement “limited” rather flexible.