Albums You Play ALL THE WAY Only

It was so much easier with 8 Track tapes.

6 Likes

I listen through the entire disc mostly on most of my collection. However, when it comes to streaming, my finger on the iPad is constantly moving like the feet of a jackrabbit.

3 Likes

~ 80% of my listening is to classical (large orchestral) so album listening is sort of baked into the experience.

A decent portion of that 80% is new release classical which becomes discovery listening, so, again, entire albums are kind of default behavior.

For non-classical, it’s often playlists I’m continually curating for myself and I refuse to dabble in playlists that are machine created.

1 Like

I too would play Marvin Gaye - What’s Going On all the way through, Dark Side Of The Moon, also. However, in general, I play selected tracks since CD came along and I extensively use playlists.

What do you mean “was”?

2 Likes

Put me down as playing full albums too.

I use to listen to an entire album too. Maybe my question is: which is the album that I would re-listen to when it finishes?

The Cranberries - No need to argue
Tracy Chapman - Tracy Chapman
Dire Straits - Almost all
Damien Rice - 0
Neil Young - Harvest
Patty Smith - Horses
Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup
Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska
and many many more

Since I started playing digital from Qobuz I noticed that I like more listening to an author for an entire evening. When I spin a disc by a group or singer, I often use to continue with the same one all night long, 3 4 or more albums… Audiophile strange habits…

1 Like

The closest I come to having a playlist are some old 45s. :laughing:

1 Like

Good one, and happy Cake Day!

1 Like

:+1::+1:

1 Like

And this night started with Rumours, I think today this is the right music to listen to, to remember, thank and pray for her.

4 Likes

I listen to everything on an album. Have my favorite songs but enjoy all an artist does.

It’s all Fleetwood Mac tonight. That band will never be the same without Christine and especially Lindsey Buckingham.

4 Likes

The main reason why I switched to LP’s and stopped listening to 45’s…:grin:

Gillian Welch - Harrow and the Harvest
Nanci Griffith - One Fair Summer Evening
Lake Street Dive - Obviously
Laurie Anderson - Big Science
Esperanza Spalding - Emily’s D+Evolution

Everything I put on I listen to in its entirety except when I listen to jriver MC. I enjoy shuffling between my Hires offerings and iTunes catalogs. Name the genres, there’s a good chance I have a track representing it. Too many list. I love music.

Over my 63 years on Mother Earth I’ve enjoyed listening to almost every playback technology that existed/exists. Again; name it …

1 Like

DAT or VHS for music…?

:wink:

For sure, in my case. Though the VHS were technically concert videos. DAT, on the other hand was the mastering format of choice for years (talking pre-24/96 here), and I also used it to make “high res” (16/48) mixtapes of tracks from LP and CD. Still have my Panasonic DAT recorder. Just pulled it out to see if it can confuse the new DS2 code.

3 Likes

I used to make long-play “mix tapes” with an “audiophile” VHS player/recorder that had bells and whistles, much like a cassette deck, for optimizing recording and playback.

Never pulled the trigger on a DAT deck, but came close a time or two…

1 Like