And now, for something (arguably) completely different: Hyphn Speakers

New from Monitor Audio:

“Only” $95K.

1 Like

Those look and I am sure sound really good but way above what I am willing to spend to find out. :frowning:

I think they look as if their owners are not married.

4 Likes

They do look more like art than speakers…

1 Like

Perhaps a time-sharing plan

1 Like

I don’t mind “stylishness” when the form is closely tied to function.

I am not so sure about the relationship in this case. The “point-source” aim makes perfect sense to me and the arrangement of the drivers here follow along with the goal. It’s the rest of the cabinetry that leaves me with some questions.

Still and all, I would love to demo these to see if the clarity and imaging is as good as I suspect it might be.

1 Like

This photo actually reminds me of the photo used by Infinity when they advertised the $3k Modulus Speaker system. The floor was different and was a night-time photo, but close enough…

Very expensive giant cloths pin.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot. Now I will never be able to “unsee” that.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Reminds me of this:

I would rather have that.

2 Likes

Maybe you missed the “free shipping” part. :rofl:

2 Likes

You are right! That makes all of the difference in the purchase experience. :grinning:

1 Like

It’s a clever design. Monitor Audio have a very established internal design and engineering team, and make some great products, including through their subsidiary Roksan, which was set up in the 1980s by Touraj Moghaddam (PhD from Imperial, now makes the incredible Vertere products). Both brands show the benefit of putting product design to the fore in audio.

Some videos on the product page.

They were reviewed a few months ago, they seemed to like them, a DAC from a USA supplier was in the same issue.

Reminds me of this:

My first thought:

2 Likes

It appears as though they copied Tekton’s design with the tweeter array but the bass section is a one off and also appears to be well researched and tested.

Well, they have a single tweeter surrounded by wideband midranges. I would be curious to hear this up against a KEF Blade Meta (who both have similar kind of design inspiration and acoustic concept).

The Tekton design is a bunch of tweeters with some shading/tapering. They call them midranges but I wouldn’t.

3 Likes

Thanks for the expert explanation. You are the man. :smile: