Animals eating gear

Just a thought, we k ow of Al’s bunny mayhem, this is rather smaller-scale, but something’s been at my “yogurt pot external crossovers” on the science project speakers.
Question is, what?
No other evidence.
Looks a bit small for mouse, maybe woodlouse? Very common in this neck of the woods.

They haven’t chewed the copper wire at leasat, but the outer paper wrap (looks like masking tape to me) has def had a nibble…

4 Likes

If we’re sharing stories of gear being ,ahem, messed with I’ve got a good one. Many years ago, I noticed a wet streak of something or other on the grill of my subwoofer. Whatever it was, it sure wasn’t because I had been a clumsy oaf with a glass of water or some other disaster like that. Never did track down the source, but we had several cats in the house then. My assumption is one of the felines ‘marked’ my subwoofer as its territory. Harrumph! Replaced the grill, but the door to the room was always closed after that to stop a furry intruder from marking my rig as territory again. Sounds like somebody needs to protect his gear with rat traps. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Woodlouse?

1 Like

I reckon so, I have never lived in a house that didn’t have a few of the little buggers, and they love cellulose so I guess masking tape would do in a pinch…

1 Like

I thought you were going to say a large slug, another delight of every single garden I have ever lived near.
Dogs and cats spraying is a grim thing, we were very lucky with all ours over the years, they never resorted to doing it in the house :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I lived with a lovely friend of mine for a few years, she had 3 bunnies that lived in the house and roamed free. They were lovely little things BUT I had a beautiful sheepskin coat that I had sitting on the back of the chair, when I came down to get it, they’d chewed a hole right through it! I was absolutely gutted!

2 Likes

I’ve always been dubious of free-ranging rabbits, fab critters though they are, though if they had a whole room for themselves I can see it working :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Moths!
Could be a moth, there are many many of them this year, and a lot of them seem to have taken up residence in this room (no flue/ventilation in this room so the “French windows” are always a bit ajar).
Moths are hot for cellulose too :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my world bunnies come first.

2 Likes

The thread title reminds me that I have some old college buddies coming for a couple days with their grandkids.
I better put the grills on. Surely the stylus guard too.

3 Likes

I seriously considered buying some free-standing fire-guards for my speakers, when our trusty hound was into to lobbing tennis balls around the house.

…I also remember a dear friend’s 6 year old boy being brought to visit, and he walked straight into the room, looked at me, and poked his finger into one of my (then) Tannoy DC2000 woofers.

Little blighter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Vince should share the story of the children who destroyed his turntable.

1 Like

Animal!

1 Like

I didn’t like to say.
Nice lad now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now I have other concerns - namely Rosa (aka Baldrick, Ernie, or just plain “fool”), who looks like she is trying to eat the world.

Couldn’t find the “animals on equipment” thread, so this will do :slight_smile:

4 Likes