Any readers here? Whatcha reading right now?

An exceedingly kind offer.

The generosity of the people here in this community to me in so many ways has been overwhelming to me. This feels like a trifle, but if it scratches an itch for him, then it’s a start in settling my debt to the people that have done me a solid. Easy peasy. I just need to find the book now.

Yeah. I need to find it. I hope a kid didn’t purge it at Half Price Books. I’m looking.

6 Likes

I read “Southbound” a couple of years ago. For me it’s a slow read but entertaining and informative enough to keep going back.

I’m sorry, man. I’ve looked all over the house and I can’t find it. I expect it got traded in when I was sick. I’m genuinely sorry to get your hopes up.

Mike D

Thanks for checking and thanks for your generous sense of character.

1 Like

41NSZENdbFL.AC_SY780

3 Likes

1 Like

It came out last week. A Christmas Miracle!!

2 Likes

Finished The Master and Margarita - an excellent read, reputation and influence well-deserved.

Then picked up and finished Station Eleven. Very good, lives up to the reviews and awards, wonderful understated writing.

2 Likes

Just started The Sympathizer.

sym

“Saul Bellow”. One of my favorite authors. It has been a while since I read his books.

While visiting my paternal uncle (99 years old and living in Pakistan) I saw a copy of this book on the table in front of him. Got a copy and have just started reading it. It will be a while!

1 Like

It is a bit of a slog.

I agree. It will be a slow read.

Oh god, although I’m sure it’s quite interesting, it’s probably depressing to read that book.

I read those at 3am when I can’t sleep. :wink:

You’re a better man than I.

1 Like

I’m going tackle this based on Ted Gioia’s review.

1 Like

Sad-but-topical storyline, wickedly funny writing.

demon

1 Like

Dumitru Tsepeneag: A Novel to Read on the Train