Anybody using Isoacoustics GAIA isolation for speakers?

I just installed a set of the newly introduced Gaia Titan Rhea on my 335 lb a piece McIntosh XR290s. It was an amazing transformational upgrade.

I think they are more impactful on a big line array speaker. They seems to start breaking up on higher volumes on videos of the point source three and 4 ways. Not the case at all with XR290s. Before you could hear muddines in mid base that was akin to an echo emanating from inside the speaker. Now with the Gaia the echoes you here are from the walls of the recording studio.

If you have a line array with drivers for the mids and highs in the same cabinet as the woofers. The Gaia Titan series I highly recommend.

2 Likes

Gorgeous set up!

Gaia Titan Theis. Best Tweak ever!

I am using Gaia II’s under my ML Summits. I prefer them to the stillpoints I was using. A bit less mid bass but more slam in the low bass, which now seems more prominent. There was a large increase in soundstaging and clarity of vocals without excessive brightness. I Will be getting a set of Gaia III’s for my Aeons in the video system. I am already using the bordeaux pucks (3) under my ML Focus center channel in the video system.

Does anybody know if the Gaia III do have the right tread for the SVS SB-3000?
After a similar A/B demo with two pair of Focal speakers and their magic ultra-fast switch I am convinced to go for it!

GAIA III comes with the bolts that fit my SB2000, and I believe your SB3000 should use the same size. Worst case, you can contact ISO-ACOUSTIC to request the right ones. BTW, the improvement is obvious and worthy, IMHO.

I am - the Gaia II - and I think they’re terrific.

In my “little” system I screwed in 4 Gaia I’s on the MJ acoustics Windsor. It was already a very capable sub for music. However for me, the difference was night and day. It was like I moved the crossover up but retained everything. It integrated even smoother. Just 100% disappeared. It is like very good standmounts became floorstanders. It also went lower. I am measuring 9HZ at -10DB in room. I can’t hear that but it is a nice feeling. My stand mount speakers are on “plinths”.

1 Like

Hi Dan,
Thanks for your response. Why are you using the Gaia II? According to the weight table I think the Gaia III should be the best match.
Thanks,
Hans

I’ve placed Gaia III’s under my stand mount speakers. They were able to give me a better coupling to the speakers. The cement under the carpet is uneven and they were difficult to set up. The Gaia’s with carpet spikes worked perfectly.

Sounds weird. Gaias are for isolation, not coupling.

You’re just the epitome of positivity. The Speakers were hard to set up with the spikes. It was a breeze with the Gaia’s. I did need the carpet disks (Gaia spikes). The Gaia’s don’t work so well on carpet without the carpet disks.

I gave them the weight of my speakers and that’s what they sent. It’s hard to remember but I think my speakers may be 72 pounds each.

So you coupled the gaia to the floor, not the speaker. Positivity has nothing to do with the meaning of the words one uses. Just wanted to clarify.

I have a pair of Wharfedale EVO 4.2 on heavy sand-filled steel stands, on spikes going through the carpet to wood floor (not nice wood). Would Gaia’s work well if I put them between the speakers and the stand or do they need to go under the stand feet? With a hard tile or something underneath?

2 Likes

Sorry, don’t know the answer to your question, but just had to comment on those speakers, they’re stunning and I bet they sound incredible!

Yes, they are! I got these to replace Maggies that I couldn’t warm up to. These stand mounted Wharefdales need a sub for below 60hz, but above that, they are fabulous. The way Wharfedale has mated the soft-dome midrange (how I have missed those…) with the large AMT ribbon tweeter is truly amazing. Very smooth and transparent. I love them.

1 Like

Great thread. Look forward to putting the Titans up against the Stillpoint Ultra 5s very soon.

I am using the Titans with the new Carpet Cups on my Wilson Yvettes. I like them.

My daughter, while helping me install them said never go to the symphony, you’ll be asking the musicians to move around, some stand on rubber, some stand on wood…

11 Likes

That’s funny shtuff. Linkletter would have been proud.

1 Like