Anyone notice the new Forum feature?

Paul McGowan said Boy I am lost. What boxes? The quotes work fine. Am I just being dense?
In the previous forum you could select a part of the message and click "Quote". In this forum only the whole posts can be "quoted".

+1

I’m using Chrome and there is no box. Also when you click on the text on the right it freaking takes you to the last post.

And I can’t find a f@#$$%%^g thing any more.

I changed my Theme from “site Default” to “minimalist” and the boxes are back. What a PITA.

Alekz said

In the previous forum only the whole posts can be “quoted”.

Then you just edit out what you don’t want and change what people said :)

Ted Smith said
Alekz said In the Devious forum only the whole posts can be "quoted".

Then you just edit out what you don’t want and change what people said

lol!

woot said
Ted Smith said
Then you just edit out what you don't want and change what people said

lol!

The edit within quote works for me.

On other forums I have seen a feature (button) ‘Restore original draft’. This auto-backup is handy if the Internet connection drops or you are hung up on some important matters, and when you return to your post it has gone. I find this especially beneficial when you are on a tablet and jumps between tabs. Another way is a ‘save’ button that does not publish the post.

Ted Smith said
Alekz said In the previous forum only the whole posts can be "quoted".

Practically everything can be solved one way or another, but there are always more convenient and more awkward methods. Think of multiple quotes from the same post, for example.

woot said I changed my Theme from "site Default" to "minimalist" and the boxes are back. What a PITA.
Good to have a solution but an awkward way to achieve it.

The previous forum’s method of quoting, while unique in my experience, was nice. This one works essentially as most do.

Alekz said
Ted Smith said
Alekz said In the previous forum only the whole posts can be "quoted".

Practically everything can be solved one way or another, but there are always more convenient and more awkward methods. Think of multiple quotes from the same post, for example.

I agree but cut and paste of quotes works too… I find it easier to use than the old forum’s multiple quote feature, but till you’ve done it a few times it’s a mess.

103_gifHi, Paul

I believe it would be good to have the “explorer path links” ( Home > Forum > New Forum Issues > etc. ) duplicated on the bottom of the screen. Also, a “Go Down” on the top of the screen and a “Go Up” on the bottom of the screen would also speed up browsing. These features would be more useful on a tablet as a computer allows quicker scrolls.

Thanks, Rich