Anyone want to try/review this HDMI cable listed with silver-coated OFC wires

I found a curious non-specification in this HDMI cable. It shows “28awg silver coated oxygen free copper” as shown in the picture.

1. Can such an inexpensive hdmi cables really be silver coated?
  2. Will anybody pit it against one of their expensive hdmi cables and offer a rating on how it fared?

Amazon.com: 8K HDMI Cable 3ft, FURUI Nylon Braided 2.1 HDMI Cable, CL3 Rated Support Dolby Atmos, 8K@60Hz, 4K@120Hz, Ultra Speed 48Gbps, eARC, HDCP 2.2 & 2.3, Dynamic HDR Compatible with Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, PS4: Home Audio & Theater

Amazing if true. $8 with coupon for 3’. I ordered one for another use but will try with audio system at some point.

Guys - don’t hold your breath…you’ll turn blue!

2 Likes

I heard it beats the $3200 Shunyata! No comparison. Oh wait, that’s a USB cable.

2 Likes

@brett66- look forward to hearing your comparison. i don’t have a direct way to compare it to a mocha (aka AQ coffee) hdmi at the moment.

I like the company slogan: “For U Better.”

1 Like

I got one and compared it to my Zeskit HDMI (OFC copper), connecting between my Matrix and the DSD and the Zeskit is much better imo. Much more bodied, and I didn’t feel like I lost any upper frequencies or soundstage, the Furui is thin and glassy. Sorry no expensive HDMI cable to compare to. Pretty happy with my Zeskit so no need to look beyond the $15 bucks I paid for it. Got curious with this one, and it’s cheap enough to worth the try, will keep it to demonstrate to any non cable believer that even digital HDMI cable has a sound to them.

How much time did you run a signal through it. I’ve ordered one because I could use it for a laptop/monitor setup and plan to use it for a couple months with video then try it with audio to give it a fair shake. Silver/dielectric tends to take longer to settle vs. copper in my experience.

I played like 3 tracks, didn’t like it so went back to the zeskit. Will give it more time this weekend.