Art near your gear

10 Likes

No eyes to judge you; no hands to take away from you; no feet to leave you.

Nice choice Al.

3 Likes

Kinda makes me think of Devo!

This is to listener’s right titled “Deer in Gym Socks” by Charmaine Olivia.

4 Likes

my mom made the quilt that sits center above my stereo. She had an artist’s flare in everything she did.

15 Likes

Hello Amsco15,
Not only beautiful; also elegant. Detail is music. Has focus, but not too literal, so your attention can wander with the music you are listening to. Or, your eyes can focus if you wish. Kind of like what happens for me in a concert hall.
Old typewriter together with modern electronics an amusing touch.
-Jeffrey in Philadelphia

2 Likes

Life is too important to be taken seriously!

3 Likes

My listening room is a loft that has my work space at the back of the room I have a Jackson Pollock #31 poster from MoMA framed behind my desk. It is my favorite of his works. I also have a photogravure from the 1800s of a solar eclipse near the window.

15 Likes

I should add the deer heads are wood. They are an homage to my youth growing up in Potter County PA where white-tail deer hunting is a religion.

4 Likes

I grew up in rural central Wisconsin. Same deer hunting tradition there.

2 Likes

It seems like I dust every day. Embarrassed.

9 Likes

That is SO my style.

6 Likes

Oil Painting I did when MUCH younger,
My go at my favorite Frank Frazetta masterpiece.

Up on front wall behind line of speakers. :+1:

9 Likes

My sunroom. Hope this counts, as you can see Polk Hampdens on the little table. (Roon endpoint with a Chromecast Audio dongle)

6 Likes

I have museum grade Shin Hanga era Japanese woodblock prints mounted on all the walls of my listening room. Shinsui, Kotondo, Hasui, Hirano, Kobayakawa. I specialize in Bijin genre prints. This is one of the prints in my collection:

Kiyoshi Kobayakawa
Make-up Women’s Manners of Today
40/100

This is my dealers image. I do not photograph my prints, even though all are in archival mounts behind UV protection glass. I would have to use flash. The pigments used in fine original prints are light sensitive. But the Kobayakawa above gives you a flavor of the prints in my collection. It has taken years to acquire them. They give me joy every day, especially when admired listening to my rig. :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Hurrah for the pic with the bass

your room has lot’s of bass no doubt

2 Likes

Glad to know there’s another fan of Japanese printmaking on the site! I’ve studied Japanese printmaker’s work for many years. My favorite are Sosaka-Hanga printmakers who worked in the second half of the twentieth century; Toshi Yoshida, Haku Maki, Hodaka Yoshida, and especially Hiroyuki Tajima.

4 Likes

I just got this Joan Miró lithograph. It is from Derrière le Miroir number 180 from 1970.

12 Likes

About 15 years ago, the Denver Hospice held an online auction/fund raiser. This event occurred every two years for 3 cycles. There were different categories : politicians, sports figures, actors, and musicians. I hung around the musicians. The masks were issued to the participants and let them decorate them as they pleased. Most artists did not decorate their masks but signed them. Boz did his own thing which I love.

10 Likes