Your Audio Inspired Art

This is hanging in our hallway and I just never paid attention to it. It’s a lovely picture inspired by a love of the Grand Ole Opry! Show us your pictures?

2 Likes

I have these typograph Rockstar art pieces hanging in my HiFi room. The words used to depict the rock gods are of course their lyrics. The artist, Kristina Hamilton, has produced at least 30 of these pieces - all rock artists. She was battling brain cancer in 2015ish and this was her way of supporting her family. I do not know if she survived as she has not responded to messages.

Nothing else like this out there that I have seen.

neil-peart-typography-portrait-kristina-hamilton

ziggy-stardust-david-bowie-typography-portrait-kristina-hamilton

8 Likes

Very loosely related
When I was building my current rack, it was a couple hours here and there after work at a shop I have access to and I obsessed over and changed my mind on design, dimensions, materials and finishes multiple times to say that it took some time to complete is an understatement

One afternoon, quite a few weeks into the project, one of the guys that works out of the shop walks in to see me and a couple other guys discussing the still unfinished rack and says “that thing is turning into the expletive Peace Bridge for criminy sakes” he actually said criminy!

Since then my rack has been referred to as the peace bridge, which if you are from western NY or southern Ontario you know the bridge has a long history (maybe not as long as this post :slightly_smiling_face:) of enhancement projects, re-designs and funding/management issues

On my birthday last year the guys and girls in the shop gave me this small painting of the peace bridge that I proudly hang above said rack

4 Likes

7 Likes

Very cool indeed!!

Not the greatest photo, but it’s of a painting I did decades ago. I saw her in a magazine (maybe Spin) and just felt inspired.
IMG_2456

10 Likes

You are gifted!

Is that airbrush?

It is. I still have them, but tucked away. I tell myself, year after year, I’ll once again relive the conquest. Sadly, I have not.

And thank you

2 Likes

Life has a way of getting in the way of our passions. Sometimes our passion changes the trajectory of our lives…like having kids.

1 Like

Amen Brother.

2 Likes

@Whoadie I had a teacher who was a portrait artist by trade, made us do 25 thumbnail portraits a day, sticks with you, you’re really good, break out the brushes my wife would say…

1 Like

You’re right. Quarantine was the best thing to happen to me art-wise. I was able to get more sketching done in a year than I had in the last 20.

4 Likes

Not the same level of aesthetic (your work is impressive), but, similarly, I have purchased more music (CDs and SACDs) in the last two years than I had in the last 20.

Cheers.

2 Likes

HA!!! Same here. I went a good 30 years without paying much attention to how I listened to music. The last 2 years have shown me the value of exploring what I can control. As much as the pandemic has has taken away, it’s paid off dividends in ways I can’t enumerate.

3 Likes

Just ordered this beauty. Got to honor the national treasure that is our Tom (Waits that is).

Thanks a lot for the tip.

The lyrics are from his album “Closing Time” and the song is “I hope that I don’t fall in love with you”.

6 Likes

I thought these were really cool so I checked out the available pieces. When I read Kristina Hamilton’s bio I just had to place an order. I have 3 on the way!

2 Likes

Picked this metal poster up at a garage sale for a few bucks, couldn’t pass it up.

4 Likes

Which (3)? They’re all very cool.

6 Likes

I’m honoring lost music heroes: Eddie Van Halen, Neil Peart, Jimi Hendrix.

I got them in metal print.

7 Likes